Sept 4, 2020 - Official release date for Doobie Brothers Quadio at $59.98 List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I go into the shopping mall tomorrow and see Doobies Quadio in like f'ing FYE or mom/pop music store ready for purchase...:mad: Cause if you can go out and buy tomorrow in brick and mortar, than what was the point of pre-ordering to ensure you would have it by release date.
Living in Australia I'm pretty sure I will not have to worry about seeing the Doobies Quadio in a bricks and mortar store any time soon....

This just in from the official Doobie Brothers List Price Plus Shipping & Handling site that indicated ship date of 8/26 when ordered.
Well, as Cheech & Chong said, things are tough all over.

Hello,

Thank you so much for preordering the Doobie Brothers Quadio Boxed Set. As you know, this set is being released on September 4th and we know you are anxious to receive it.

It was our intention to have it delivered to you on or around the release date, but unfortunately, due to unanticipated delays caused by Covid-19, we will not have these sets in our warehouse until early next week.

As soon as they arrive, we will ship them right out to you, but we wanted to let you know that it will not be possible to get them to you by the release date.

We apologize for this delay and thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions about your order or need to update your shipping address, please contact [email protected].

Thank you.
Got this today too.

Oh well. I've waited this long. A couple more weeks isn't going to kill me.

Here in Texas if you go to the doctor and a few others.....the standard reply due to shitty service time is <Covid>
Maybe I’m lucky with Amazon, USPS, Fedex, and UPS. But, for the most part, I’ve seen very little to no delays in deliveries. My kids even received their passports in 4 weeks after being told 6-8 weeks because <Covid>
I think companies are using this as a disclaimer. But others are using it as a crutch. I hope it doesn’t last. I hope everybody gets theirs at least before next week is done.

I can’t help but think how spoiled I’ve gotten too ))
I remember in junior high school I begged mom for Three Dog Night Greatest Hits. They told 4-6 weeks for delivery. With our POS old tv I thought it said 46 weeks for delivery. I don’t think it took that long. But it damn sure took Every bit of 6 weeks, and perhaps a little more. Summer was almost gone by the time I hit my hands on it. ))

I can wait and be patient when the other party is up front and communicative. But when I'm told on Monday "Your order is on the way" (exact quote) via "UPS 3 Day Select", is it not fair I should expect it by Friday? And if there's a known delay, shouldn't that company get ahead of the issue with updated information? And what's with giving an odd tracking number that doesn't conform to UPS standards?

Yes, it will arrive at some point, probably soon (fingers crossed it's today) -- it will be great and we'll all be happy.. But I don't understand those in this thread that are defending a business that does this to it's customers. I hate entitlement, but I also dislike bad information and poor communication from companies.

Last edited:
Just checked my tracking number again. The USPS says it is currently awaiting package. UPS will probably deliver it to the P.O. sometime today or tomorrow which means we'll be lucky if we get Sat. or Mon. More likely it'll show up sometime next week. Rhino should have just sent it UPS or USPS not UPS surepost where they hand it off to the P.O. So much for getting it on release day.

Per Rhino they shipped my package on 8-31. Rhino Lists my tracking Number as UPS, which it is not. It more like a USPS tracking number. Please note that the tracking number that Rhino gave me cannot be found at either site. BTW I also checked with DHL & FedEx, nothing. I opened a case with Rhino for a correct tracking number, so far crickets. I hope that These discs are better than the shipping communication. ( I know that they are, Just frustrated)

I can’t help but think how spoiled I’ve gotten too ))
I remember in junior high school I begged mom for Three Dog Night Greatest Hits. They told 4-6 weeks for delivery. With our POS old tv I thought it said 46 weeks for delivery. I don’t think it took that long. But it damn sure took Every bit of 6 weeks, and perhaps a little more. Summer was almost gone by the time I hit my hands on it. ))

Because Jeremiah was a Bullfrog. Joy to the World. gimme some doobies

Back