Santana - Abraxas Japanese Quad SACD Officially Announced (October 28, 2020)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm.... I’m thinking Maybe I need to cancel my pre-order of “Santana”, then wait for “Abraxas” To be announced, then order them both together and only pay a single shipping fee...:unsure:

And what happens when SONY Japan suddenly announces Santana III or Caravanserai while your pre~orders are in flux? And Sean, you can easily recoup those DHL s/h charges by administering a flu shot to a baby chick🐣

Last edited:
I'm the opposite :) I'd like it to be released with the first Santana, then I can reduce the 'effect' of the £12 tax gathering charge on UK imports by adding it to my CDJapan order.
That would be great for you. I’d really meant that if they put out too many too quickly it may stifle demand (it would for me with limited funds) that may in the long run prematurely kill off our benevolent golden goose. Giving what this may cost overall to complete the collection it shows what a true bargain the Rhino Doobies seem to be IMO

That would be great for you. I’d really meant that if they put out too many too quickly it may stifle demand (it would for me with limited funds) that may in the long run prematurely kill off our benevolent golden goose. Giving what this may cost overall to complete the collection it shows what a true bargain the Rhino Doobies seem to be IMO
The Doobies is a bargain, and probably more of a favourite than Santana. I also have to confess to having passed out during a very long solo whilst watching Santana at
1598998365377.png
and I only paid £9 to see them all! and now 40 years on I don't really remember any of it :oops: but I think I had a good time 🥴

The Doobies is a bargain, and probably more of a favourite than Santana. I also have to confess to having passed out during a very long solo whilst watching Santana at
View attachment 55813 and I only paid £9 to see them all! and now 40 years on I don't really remember any of it :oops: but I think I had a good time 🥴

Mixing Psychedelics with Psychedelia, eh, Dunc?

See the source image

Last edited:
Sort of a "Nutty" effervescence I'm sure 🤪
A load of us went in a minibus but we drank the booze we'd taken many miles before we'd reached the festival, so we stopped in a pub had a 'few' more, and then cleared them of all their take-away bottles and cans which we drank at the fest. I suspect that when we ran out of real ale I may even of partaken in some cans/bottles of :eek: lager! I do remember sleeping under a tarpaulin (tents were so passe!) and waking up soaking wet due to the dew :rolleyes: ....... and very very hungover! :sick:
Edit: I was only 23 in '80

When I discovered the last Santana SACD I set up a Google notification for the next number numerically in the Sony Japan quad SACD catalog, SICP-10135, and I just got a notification for it.

It appears that HMV Japan, Billboard Japan, and Ratuken all posted, and then retracted listings for it today - I guess they jumped the gun a bit. Here's a screenshot of a cached google page:

View attachment 55801

There's an eBay seller (the same one that sells a lot of Japanese SACDs) that has it listed too, so I'm presuming preorders will pop up in the usual places in the next few days. Interestingly the release date is the same day (9/23) as the 1st album is supposed to come out - wonder if strong preorders for it spurred Sony Japan to bring this release forward?
So last round I actually purchased “live evil” from that same EBAY seller. Only issue was I got mine about 10 days after everyone else, which was somewhat annoying.

rigjt now he has santana I, Abraxas and the new headhunters all listed are his ebay store. If I can get a break on shipping it might be better than CDJAPAN, no withstanding the wait.

Hm. ImportCDs isn't listing catalog numbers, so you can't search on that. But they are using Universal Product Codes.

According to our eBay friend, the UPC for Abraxas is 4547366463972. So far that returns no results on ImportCDs.
Looks like the eBay guy has sold 3 of these already; I'm just surprised there hasn't been more pre-sale hype with only 3 weeks before the estimated release date.

Pay rent buy food or order more quad and 5.1 preorders? That is the question.....and we know the answer.

Can anyone help me set up a 4.0 surround system in my tent?

Absolutely Jeff: The City of Angel's SKID ROW needs a few good men like YOU! And likely the ONLY tent with a 5.1 system ... and a generator...so you can also power your electric toothbrush...for that fresh minty breath!

Last edited:
Looks like the eBay guy has sold 3 of these already; I'm just surprised there hasn't been more pre-sale hype with only 3 weeks before the estimated release date.

I bought one of the Miles Davis titles from him. It showed up a little late, and he wasn't great about communication, so I was anxious for a few days. But his reputation is solid and the price was right, so...

Anyway: according to Dave, the Japanese retailers listed it and and then pulled it, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some confusion about the release date and the eBay guy was caught out over his skis. (I think the same thing happened with Live-Evil.) He's now estimating the ship date as somewhere between Oct. 26 and Nov. 14.

Back