Quantcast

"Santana" SACD out in September from Sony Japan (!)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

kvsawilson

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Just like a LP but the size of a 45rpm record. Really clever, I'm impressed!
I really like the little plastic disc that the sacd snaps into to put in the cover so it doesn't flop around. I always thought special editions of cd's should have been released with the real album cover and a 12" version of that to hold the cd in it.

Also, it's back in stock at importcds

K

Kevan Llama

My copy arrived today. Very unusual packaging/format. In a slim line case the size of a 45 rpm single. Comes with a b/w poster and booklet with lyrics in Japanese and English and a few other pieces in Japanese.

But the surround mix... Wow its a revelation, at times I feel like I'm at the centre of a Latin American party.

The rear speakers are used like front main speakers, plenty of discreteness across all the speakers for the instruments and damn high quality sound considering it's vintage.
I'll definitely be ordering Abraxas

quicksrt

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Good News, I just received Herbie Hancock's Head Hunters from Importcds today. Very quick service, 6 days (..no Santana yet, on back order).
This is the 1st Japanese Sony 7" SACD quad release I'd ever gotten.
Great packaging, design & quality, etc. :)
Just like a LP but the size of a 45rpm record. Really clever, I'm impressed! One thing though, I do wish more of the text was in English so I could understand it:(

My copy arrived today. Very unusual packaging/format. In a slim line case the size of a 45 rpm single. Comes with a b/w poster and booklet with lyrics in Japanese and English and a few other pieces in Japanese.

But the surround mix... Wow its a revelation, at times I feel like I'm at the centre of a Latin American party.

The rear speakers are used like front main speakers, plenty of discreteness across all the speakers for the instruments and damn high quality sound considering it's vintage.
I'll definitely be ordering Abraxas
Slim line case......., I thought that they were all LP record type 7" cardboard covers?