Pink Floyd The Wall in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear messers Gilmour & Waters,

Please release multichannel mixes of Meddle, Animals and The Wall at a price that people can afford. No more extortionate box sets with scarves, coasters or M-Fing MARBLES!

Also, please stop denying fans the chance to hear this awesome music because of 40 year old grudges,... none of us are getting any younger here.

Yours faithfully,...etc, etc.

Wow, I don't know. Both my DTS version, and the easter egg version from my Box sound stunning. Tons of power...almost too much honestly. My sub asks for mercy.
That's interesting, I had someone else agree with me before about the crazy mixing before, starts off heavy in the rears, at 3 mins that stacatto bit sounds quite fractured and then after the vocal (One of these days... it seems to lose bass power, (I've only played it twice because it sounded inferior to the stereo mix on vinyl) Pillow of winds in contrast is sublime

All this Floyd talk.....I think I'll spin a few multi-channel titles. Maybe...meddle. Hmmm
I've got PULSE 5.1 from the box set playing right now. If I close my eyes and reach back with my mind, it's July 12th 1994 and I'm sitting in the stands at Soldier's Field in Chicago grooving to David playing his guitar. Can't believe it's been 26 years since then. :eek: That was the third time I saw them live, I'd give just about anything for just one more shot before David or I croak.
Please release multichannel mixes of Meddle
No love for the mix from the Early Years box or the DTS CD?

I've got PULSE 5.1 from the box set playing right now. If I close my eyes and reach back with my mind, it's July 12th 1994 and I'm sitting in the stands at Soldier's Field in Chicago grooving to David playing his guitar. Can't believe it's been 26 years since then. :eek: That was the third time I saw them live, I'd give just about anything for just one more shot before David or I croak.

No love for the mix from the Early Years box or the DTS CD?
Soldier Field also has lots of memories for me too! If, I could remember.....

Let me ask you something in the "real world"....is there anybody in your life that you don't want to have anything to do with...an ex wife or girlfriend...an IRS enforcement officer.anybody?...Waters is toxic to David and company...it's really that simple...as far as making money...none of these guys are starving...they can live without more money
I don't think that analogy really holds in this case. Floyd have given millions of fans so much enjoyment, and we, in return, have made them all multi-millionaires - and moreover, it's allowed their passion and love of music to also be their (rather wealthy) meal ticket in the "real world". Relationships in the "real world" of the type you mention barely have implications beyond the few individuals involved - they don't have ramifications for millions of others. If I could draw another analogy: couples (well, mature ones) who have had a falling out and hate each other, nevertheless act together in a civil manner raising their child because the child's happiness trumps their personal hatred towards each other.

What I think we're all hoping for is that Waters and Gilmour recognise this; that no matter how much they may hate each other, there are still (I'd hope) millions of fans who wish they would put that animosity aside and just do it for the fans. Perhaps it's only Nick Mason now who can try and sway them at this point and to make them think of us, not them.

The Wall is already a depressing album...another blase Guthrie mix would make it even more depressing. Get some action in those rears, James!
If anyone attended the original Wall tour, you remember how disappointing the sound was. It seems they concentrated on the stage show and utilized the surround sound minimally.

I don't think that analogy really holds in this case. Floyd have given millions of fans so much enjoyment, and we, in return, have made them all multi-millionaires - and moreover, it's allowed their passion and love of music to also be their (rather wealthy) meal ticket in the "real world". Relationships in the "real world" of the type you mention barely have implications beyond the few individuals involved - they don't have ramifications for millions of others. If I could draw another analogy: couples (well, mature ones) who have had a falling out and hate each other, nevertheless act together in a civil manner raising their child because the child's happiness trumps their personal hatred towards each other.

What I think we're all hoping for is that Waters and Gilmour recognise this; that no matter how much they may hate each other, there are still (I'd hope) millions of fans who wish they would put that animosity aside and just do it for the fans. Perhaps it's only Nick Mason now who can try and sway them at this point and to make them think of us, not them.

I think your analogy is exactly why I included "real world" in my post....that sort of altruism you think exists in rock stars is rare....and to be candid I don't think there are millions of fans waiting for a surround release...if there were....our hobby wouldn't be a niche market....and to extend your altruism you have included broken relationships with children involved...I wish it were true that all parents acted civil for the sake of their children...but it's just not true in a LOT of cases...I'm glad you are a positive person...and kudos for that...but the "real world" I see isn't Mayberry and people holding hands and chanting...it's far less attractive...and little nostalgia for the "good ole days"...of course Gibson City might be like that...maybe I'll find out one day:)

If anyone attended the original Wall tour, you remember how disappointing the sound was. It seems they concentrated on the stage show and utilized the surround sound minimally.
The sound was amazing. I was at one of the Nassau Coliseum shows. Especially impressive considering the Acoustics of the venue.

And this thread isn't about the tour.

Dear messers Gilmour & Waters,

Please release multichannel mixes of Meddle, Animals and The Wall at a price that people can afford. No more extortionate box sets with scarves, coasters or M-Fing MARBLES!

Also, please stop denying fans the chance to hear this awesome music because of 40 year old grudges,... none of us are getting any younger here.

Yours faithfully,...etc, etc.

Any Pink Floyd 5.1 Mixes with James Guthrie at the helm will probably receive a release as both a multi-disc box (with Blu-Ray and DVD) and a Multichannel SACD from Acoustic Sounds.

:)

Any Pink Floyd 5.1 Mixes with James Guthrie at the helm will probably receive a release as both a multi-disc box (with Blu-Ray and DVD) and a Multichannel SACD from Acoustic Sounds.

:)
That would be great but I believe they dropped the idea of releasing an Animals box. AFAIK it's still slated as a standalone release.

Wow, I don't know. Both my DTS version, and the easter egg version from my Box sound stunning. Tons of power...almost too much honestly. My sub asks for mercy.

Have you made the comparison of One of These Days easter egg mix to the Pompaii Quad mix from the film that is out there?

Like many others, I am not a huge fan of this album. I LOVED it when I was in high school, but the older I get, the less I like it. I listen to Animals every 3 months or so, but never put this one on. The songs I do like have been over-played (Run Like Hell, Comfortably Numb, etc.). However, this will be a Day 1 purchase for me. I just hope it's done right.

Strongly disagree. I was at a Nassau Coliseum show and found the sound fantastic! There were subs all around the arena and everything had power, when required, and clarity. Now I was sitting center on the floor, to be in the ideal quad position, and yes, very high, but I'm critical too. That was my first scalper ticket. $100. I held out all day for a floor ticket and had to make a new friend, as the fellow would only sell as a pair. I have stories! :smokin

Back