Pink Floyd The Wall in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope that they release the 5.1 mixes for both albums on Blu-Ray too, not just on SACD, cause SACD is such a PITA format.

:)
I’m curious on why the SACD format is a PITA? I don’t have an SACD player so I have not gotten into buying titles for that format yet. Feel free to pm that to me if it’s too off topic.

Strongly disagree. I was at a Nassau Coliseum show and found the sound fantastic! There were subs all around the arena and everything had power, when required, and clarity. Now I was sitting center on the floor, to be in the ideal quad position, and yes, very high, but I'm critical too. That was my first scalper ticket. $100. I held out all day for a floor ticket and had to make a new friend, as the fellow would only sell as a pair. I have stories! :smokin

I agree with the fantastic sound assessment at Nassau Coliseum in Feb 1980. I was pretty young then, but I remember sounds coming from all around the venue. There were large stacks of speakers up in the nosebleed seats center left, center back, and center right. The effects were coming from all directions, and made the sound totally 3D. I also remember listening to the album in the week after the show and it sounded like a flat version of what Pink Floyd did that night on Long Island. I also remember the "half speed" announcer coming back out to re-introduce the show before the second "In The Flesh". It is still among the biggest shows that I have seen and the one I use to "measure" other spectacle concerts ever since. Best $15 I ever spent.

Like many others, I am not a huge fan of this album. I LOVED it when I was in high school, but the older I get, the less I like it. I listen to Animals every 3 months or so, but never put this one on. The songs I do like have been over-played (Run Like Hell, Comfortably Numb, etc.). However, this will be a Day 1 purchase for me. I just hope it's done right.
That's me as well, though I was out of high school a couple of years when it hit. At the time I was quite thrilled with the album. Now all I hear is the cartoonish vocals and not enough of the compelling melodies that were present in so many of the previous Pink Floyd albums. I'm also with you on the radio overplay of the few good tunes. All this said, I'm sure I'll have to have whatever deluxe 5.1 set comes out and hope for some good audio extras.

Ohh, this is AWESOME news!!

I had assumed the condition of the multi-tracks was a problem that hadn't managed to overcome, and that this might never come to pass. This was why I didn't buy The Wall Immersion boxed set. The demos weren't enough new material for me to spring for it. If they package that all up again with the 5.1, that'll be another matter. And as EricKalet mentioned, it would be cool if they included the film soundtrack in 5.1 if they did another big box for The Wall, or maybe the film itself in 5.1. If they were to do it as a big box again, might as well pack it full. (Sorry for asking for a big box set, I know too many people here would strangle me for that 🤪 !).

... No more extortionate box sets with scarves, coasters or M-Fing MARBLES!

Probably wouldn't get any marbles, Pink claims they've been taken away during "The Trial"...

And, slightly off topic: I will be happy to see Animals in surround in any format, but too bad about probably not getting a box, which I think it deserves. No inflatable pigs or scarves??

That would be great but I believe they dropped the idea of releasing an Animals box. AFAIK it's still slated as a standalone release.

Ohh, this is AWESOME news!!

I have only one interest in this: a good surround mix of the #1 hit Another Brick in the Wall. I prefer the single edit, but understand that will never happen unless I or someone recreates it.

Can anyone confirm if any of the surround versions (including the upcoming release) deliver on this?

Not a Floyd fan nor did I see this movie nor want to. Kinda surprised how many fans here seem over this whole album. Understandable to me as it seems depressing, disconnected and maybe nihilistic. But I do own and love the boxes of both DSOTM and WYWH. I’ve owned both the Q8 and import SQ of Atom Heart Mother for four decades but never broke the seal on either.

I have only one interest in this: a good surround mix of the #1 hit Another Brick in the Wall. I prefer the single edit, but understand that will never happen unless I or someone recreates it.
Did you know that Another Brick in the Wall (part 2) was the bands attempt at producing a "Disco" single?

Pink Floyd and Disco in the same sentence... just not quite right.

COMING: THE WALL 2020

See the source image

AND MEXICO'S GOING TO PAY FOR THE ATMOS REMIX!
No worries, I cover you guys. One for the team!

Can anyone confirm if any of the surround versions (including the upcoming release) deliver on this?

Not a Floyd fan nor did I see this movie nor want to. Kinda surprised how many fans here seem over this whole album. Understandable to me as it seems depressing, disconnected and maybe nihilistic. But I do own and love the boxes of both DSOTM and WYWH. I’ve owned both the Q8 and import SQ of Atom Heart Mother for four decades but never broke the seal on either.
Want to sell?

I’ve owned both the Q8 and import SQ of Atom Heart Mother for four decades but never broke the seal on either.

If it's the purple Capitol Q8, don't bother breaking the seal. They used decoded SQ rather than the discrete master tape, so the channel separation is severely compromised. The U.K. EMI Q8 was fully discrete, but it's kind of a moot point now that the Atom Heart Mother quad mix has been released on Blu-Ray.

Back