Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have the right thread here my man?

This here is a thread for Tears for Fears.
Steve Wilson’s The Future Bites is two doors down.

"...listening to the band that made us cry..."

My first listen to this was a religious experience. This album was always sonic perfection, but Steven has given it new life. I cranked it up (sorry downstairs neighbors), leaned back in my recliner and kept my eyes closed for fifty minutes. There were multiple places where I could have sworn I was listening to an Atmos mix. Instruments were coming from places where I knew there were no speakers. It is so rich and full.

I have probably been one of the loudest complainers regarding Universal's decision to leave this sitting in the vaults for the last five years. But to be given a thing of such immense beauty ten months into the epic shit-show that has been 2020, I think that has made this all the more powerful and emotional for me. I am speechless. Thank you Roland and Curt. Thank you Steven.

"Anything is possible when you're sowing the seeds of love...."

🌛 🌬⛈

"...listening to the band that made us cry..."

I have probably been one of the loudest complainers regarding Universal's decision to leave this sitting in the vaults for the last five years. But to be given a thing of such immense beauty ten months into the epic shit-show that has been 2020, I think that has made this all the more powerful and emotional for me. I am speechless. Thank you Roland and Curt. Thank you Steven.

"Anything is possible when you're sowing the seeds of love...."

🌛 🌬⛈
The best music moves you ... getting that from an album you already feel was perfect bodes well. I should have my Ultravox and TFF by Saturday and am looking forward to them even more now thanks to this note.

Listened to Women in Chains. Stunning song and 5.1 mix. Just finished Badman’s Song, which was even more stellar in surround. Wilson’s mix is discrete and amazing! Talk about being fully enveloped by a fully enveloping song. Wow.

And now about to start their masterpiece. Sowing the Seeds of Love. This one could bring a tear to my eye...

Last edited:
Sowing the Seeds of Love was everything I hoped it would be and more. Steven Wilson is a freaking genius! When Curt comes in with “time to eat all your words, swallow your pride, open your eyes” I welled up with tears, it was so beautiful. His voice comes from everywhere, just as I always heard it in my imagination.

Back