Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Impression: nice overall package. Listened to a couple of songs, very discrete mix!

View attachment 57537
DVD AudioExtractor question: Two streams are listed above...DTS-HD Master Audio and 24/49 LPCM. Which one should be ripped? I guess it's best just to listen to both streams from the disc and decide if one is "smoother" than the other (if at all) and then rip that one.

The sound is really good but is the HD stream not supposed to be 96 KHz?

pic.JPG

DVD AudioExtractor question: Two streams are listed above...DTS-HD Master Audio and 24/49 LPCM. Which one should be ripped? I guess it's best just to listen to both streams from the disc and decide if one is "smoother" than the other (if at all) and then rip that one.

I always prefer the lpcm over the dts-hd, sounds better (smoother?) to me. But who am I :51QQ

Did I read that correctly, the Walters and Ludwig 2.0 masterings are only 16/48?

I will be in the definite minority here but though an SW 5.1 mix and assorted demos etc, are nice, I will only play them once.
It’s HiRez 2.0 I listen to 99% of the time. Doesn’t look like I’m getting that here.

The DTS-MA stream is probably nothing more than a losslessly compressed version of the LPCM stream. I usually just rip the LPCM stream if one is available. Why go through the extra decode step? But if you feel you can hear a difference....

The sound is really good but is the HD stream not supposed to be 96 KHz?
There is no requirement or standard for it to be 96kHz. And 48kHz is pretty common. I think all the new Atmos mixes are 48kHz as well. What rtbluray said makes the most sense.

Did I read that correctly, the Walters and Ludwig 2.0 masterings are only 16/48?
That's the truly strange part.

The DTS-MA stream is probably nothing more than a losslessly compressed version of the LPCM stream. I usually just rip the LPCM stream if one is available. Why go through the extra decode step? But if you feel you can hear a difference....

There is no requirement or standard for it to be 96kHz. And 48kHz is pretty common. I think all the new Atmos mixes are 48kHz as well. What rtbluray said makes the most sense.

That's the truly strange part.
I'm opposite, I tend to always like the DTS-HD MSTR better, the reason I think it sounds a little more beefy, better bass and overall fuller.
Maybe I'll take some re-listens to the LPCM versions, seems like my ears are always changing.

I'm opposite, I tend to always like the DTS-HD MSTR better, the reason I think it sounds a little more beefy, better bass and overall fuller.
Maybe I'll take some re-listens to the LPCM versions, seems like my ears are always changing.

Tell me about it. On a Tuesday it may DTS-HD Master but then on Thursday LPCM.

Just be sure to try and match up the volume levels. Im always unsure if there may be a level difference between the formats. Maybe @jimfisheye, @himey, or another member with the know how will do a null test for us and see if it all cancels out

Just be sure to try and match up the volume levels. Im always unsure if there may be a level difference between the formats. Maybe @jimfisheye, @himey, or another member with the know how will do a null test for us and see if it all cancels out

Audacity does this. They should be the same once ripped to wav or flac. During disc playback, the player or processor may handle the two formats differently due to post processing.

Back