Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob Clearmountain mixed two tracks (the others were mixed by co-producer David Bascombe), but it was mastered by Bob Ludwig.

interesting wee factoid about Dave Bascombe, who was a consultant to Steven Wilson on the remix, he doesn't have too much surround mixing to his credit but one he was involved in was the Matt Bianco "Matt's Mood" SACD, which is one of my all-time favourite 5.1's. so yeah.. is he da man or wot! 😋💘

Something is strange with the title track.
Heard it PCM and will listen again in DTS-HD but there was a drop somewhere and the main vocals are buried in the mix. The other songs...superb!

yes i noticed some elements maybe felt a bit recessed in the mix on that track in particular too.. but i've had to put the shiny new discs away for the time being as i've got mates coming round for drinkies in a bit and they'll only get gin or taramasalata or something equally yummy on the CDs, the wee scamps, so away they go until tomorrow! the CDs not the chips and dips! cheers to the tears for fears! 🍾🥳🤣

Something is strange with the title track.
Heard it PCM and will listen again in DTS-HD but there was a drop somewhere and the main vocals are buried in the mix. The other songs...superb!

Didn't SW mention that they had a lot of problems with that track? Some of the masters were missing or difficult to work with. I recall that they didn't even have the part at the beginning with the weird feedback noise, and they just had to use the original recording for that.

Didn't SW mention that they had a lot of problems with that track? Some of the masters were missing or difficult to work with. I recall that they didn't even have the part at the beginning with the weird feedback noise, and they just had to use the original recording for that.

Yeah, he had said they couldn't locate the pre-bounced tapes for that part and the drum kit in "Woman In Chains".
https://www.soundonsound.com/people/steven-wilson-remixing-classic-albums

Well, nothing from MusicVaultz today... not sure what they're waiting for. Pretty disappointed in them; should have shipped out a few days ago, let alone on the actual release date. At this rate, I doubt it will go out until after Thanksgiving (Canada)... hope it'll be here before the end of October!

Back