Tears for Fears - "The Seeds of Love" (Steven Wilson 5.1 Remix out on October 9th!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey QQ! Tensions are high in general. Let's take a step back and appreciate that this is a pretty good problem to have, as far as problems go. There have been more orders than expected for surround releases! That's a good thing and sends a good message to the labels and distributors. We're a tiny audience, but we're voracious consumers. I've said it before, but this group is good because we actually LISTEN to the music. That is so powerful, and so often taken for granted. Kudos QQ!
:QQlove

Well i ran through the 4 mixes on Saturday, sort of overkill, but it's not like i was doing anything ! Had a break the next day, listened some more yesterday. Do i think it's up there with the best surround mixes, possibly not ?? It's worth buying though. I somehow prefer the 5.1 LPCM audio.

The vocals are a certain style of course, a bit recessed, that distant dreamy feel, rather than in your face. I think coming back to it periodically, i'll appreciate it more. ( I think i could do with a speaker upgrade though ? Some really old Sony speakers, that don't always do music justice ! )

( Might receive the John Lennon set today ? Also ordered John Williams in Vienna, so really looking forward to those. )

Oh no! Mrs. Surround intercepted this morning's mail, saw the package from Import CDs and said, "You haven't told me what you want for Christmas, so this one is going under the tree." Enjoy Seeds folks and I'll tell you what I think of it between the holidays.
What I’ve been able to do in the past is to make sure I get the mail first. Open the box, rip the disc to hard drive, put it back in and then give the package to her. I’d say, “Honey, I always open these just to make sure all the discs are OK.” But since COVID, she is home almost all the time, so I have few opportunities to execute my deception. I am also now paranoid that she is now onto my game. :rolleyes:

Amazon is bumming me out....
Got this today....(order placed August 18)

View attachment 57803
and still have this bizarre arrival date...(order placed September 3)
View attachment 57804

I'm in the same boat. I pre-ordered the Seeds of Love box from Amazon UK at the end of August and the Ultravox box in early September from Amazon US. Neither have shipped yet. I haven't even received any type of notice regading the shipping delay for the Seeds of Love box from Amazon UK, which seems odd, since the release date has come and passed, but I did get a message from Amazon US saying the Ultravox box would be delayed.

I'm in the same boat. I pre-ordered the Seeds of Love box from Amazon UK at the end of August and the Ultravox box in early September from Amazon US. Neither have shipped yet. I haven't even received any type of notice regading the shipping delay for the Seeds of Love box from Amazon UK, which seems odd, since the release date has come and passed, but I did get a message from Amazon US saying the Ultravox box would be delayed.
Well, I got an update, my Seeds of Love has finally shipped! I can track it. It was last seen in Phoenix. (I somehow doubt that is California's key distribution spot for Amazon, but I will take it. Amazon says it should arrive Friday. Woo Hoo. As for Ultravox, I am haunted by the words of a great song telling me - "when will you realize, Vienna waits for you...."

Back