Apple Joining the Atmos streaming game!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When this has happened before, signing out of iCloud and back in would fix it but I just tried that and still no "Get Beta Updates" option. I don't know what to tell you, it should be there must be some Apple issue.

When this has happened before, signing out of iCloud and back in would fix it but I just tried that and still no "Get Beta Updates" option. I don't know what to tell you, it should be there must be some Apple issue.

I’ve done this from my Apple box, but not from my ipad. Which it seems you can’t do ??

I can’t speak to spotify, but Apple Music has a whole lot of single song titles with Atmos mixes - including Riders On The Storm IIRC.

But I don’t think BIA (Dire Straits?) is one of them and I’m not sure which Time you’re referring to - if you’re referring to Pink Floyd, I think there is a live version mixed in Atmos currently on Apple Music (actually the whole album is there in Atmos). It might also be there as one of the David Gilmour live albums (but I’m not certain).

DSOTM is NOT in Atmos on Apple Music

So there's now an Apple Music app on LG TV's, but I can't seem to get it to play surround or Atmos via eARC. It defaults to 2 channels but the signal is Dolby digital :unsure:

Edit - From reading a bit it seems that Apple did not implement Atoms on the LG app. Hopefully, it will be done soon. It would be great to get it straight from the TV.
You can only do Apple Music (real) surround with an Apple TV 4k.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on being able to do it via your TV anytime soon.

I thought you meant DSOTM was in Atmos
my error
Gotcha.

FWIW, I’m assume DSOTM, WYWH, the upcoming Animals, and the other earlier PF surround mixes are not as cheap or easy to license as the latter day stuff.

My buddy has Spotify, & some of the DSOTM songs, like Money & Time ARE in DOLBY ATMOS
I still like the Parson's/Quad 4.0 version the best

I signed up for Apple Beta Software Program which I guess you need for Beta updates? Anyway, signed up and rebooted, still no option to get Beta updates. Wonder if they discovered an issue after you had used it and decided to shut the door for now.

Supposedly, with the Premium package only
They have quite a lot
I have the Spotify premium subscription and I am not seeing anything that indicates anything in Atmos. Nor have I seen any kind of announcement. The latest information seems to be what @humprof included above - which is basically "nothing new just yet".

I have the Spotify premium subscription and I am not seeing anything that indicates anything in Atmos. Nor have I seen any kind of announcement. The latest information seems to be what @humprof included above - which is basically "nothing new just yet".

If you type in Dolby Atmos in search, it should appear!

I have Spotify Premium, but have not heard about Atmos from it.

From what I'm reading (article below and elsewhere), Spotify HiFi will be different from the existing Spotify Premium, and it's likely to roll out in test markets before it's widely available.
https://robots.net/tech-reviews/spotify-hifi-release-date-lossless-music-streaming-rollout/

In fact, under playlists it does! Lots of Atmos and 3D playlists.
I did the search and it returned many playlists that say Atmos, but none that I tried actually played back in Atmos. Note that I am using an Apple TV 4K connected to an Atmos equipped AVR with a 7.1.4 speaker setup. Everything on Spotify is playing back in stereo for me (and I have the premium tier of Spotify). All of the playlists appear to be user-generated, nothing that I saw from Spotify officially.

Back