Santana - III Sony Japan Quad SACD (Release date: November 24th, 2021)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally (still not good), the DHL tracking in Chicago says "forwarded to a third party". Well, how effing nice. Who might that be? I assume "they" will have zero updates and I'll just be in limbo until it hopefully shows up on my porch.

I have also purchased mucho from CDJapan, and never had this level of "whatever you call it when things appear to not move and no one seems to be able to communicate what the next step is". :(

The third party is the DHL handoff to the shi-KAW-guh USPS. Once in their office all bets are off in terms of timeline :coffee::smokin

Next step is patience. 🤷‍♂️ I have never heard of CDJapan ripping anyone off.

Listening now: 4.0, don't want to give it away but you will be very pleased. DR's are 10's, 11's, 12..

2.0 DR's are 8's, 9's, 10, 11's.
R-21107431-1637776919-9554.jpeg.jpg
R-21107431-1637776918-2917.jpeg.jpg

The third party is the DHL handoff to the shi-KAW-guh USPS. Once in their office all bets are off in terms of timeline :coffee::smokin

Next step is patience. 🤷‍♂️ I have never heard of CDJapan ripping anyone off.
I know they won't rip me off. I'm just thoroughly annoyed at the lack of understandable tracking. For example....

1638047314988.png

Like several of you, I paid for the real DHL. The only way I've ordered from CD Japan. $$$ to ship, and they won't allow you to amend your order. Still, titles like this are worth it.

This album is absolutely essential. Neil Schon, Coke Escovedo and Tower of Power make it even more potent.

Perhaps their best album, this is the 4th Quad copy I've bought: US SQ, Q8, another US SQ and this one. No, I didn't expect the second SQ copy to have any better bass. Give it an 11 out of 10 for mix and performance, and a 2 for bass response. The Q8 is somewhat lacking in bass and US SQ is non existent. After upgrading to separates & MC cartridge in the late '70's, Q8's fidelity didn't cut it.

I also bought this on CD, expanded CD, Austrian CD, 2 CD expanded and MoFi 2ch SACD. My 11th copy and the first time the Quad is great fidelity. Nice low end plus everything I like about the mix and performance. Q8 has been my most played copy. Unlike the US SQ, this SACD actually has a gatefold!

YOU NEED IT!
The quad mix has the least bass and heft in the low end of anything in my surround collection.
It's shocking.

Bass guitar and drum kit swallowed up in reverb & phasing.
Often mixed to only a single channel.
Had to play the stereo layer to regain my equilibrium.

Surround mix is like taking acid and wandering an amusement park mirrored fun house.
All warped reflections and distorted perpective as I careen from corner to corner in search of thump. 😵
OK, so don't expect too much bass here then? I did read elsewhere that the bass was very solid on this new mastering of the quad mix.

“Tracking unavailable“ for me. A few days ago I wrote that Time Passages still hadn’t shipped after a few months. Next day I got my notice it had shipped. Karma or dumb luck? So Universe how about a little help again with Santana III. Have all the other Santana quads, these are spectacular.

I was thrilled to see that my disc had been shipped. While I would expect it be here here soon, It doesn't bother me at all if it takes another month! People please be patient. Unless you pay for expedited service international shipping can be very slow, especially since Covid. It bothers me how people expect everything to be instant these days. Patience is a virtue. So please be patient people. Sorry about the rant, fast shipping by such entities as Amazon Prime just helps to fuel peoples impatience!

Mine got delivered by DHL …. USPS won’t be delivering it because CDJapan don’t currently use AIR MAIL…unless DHL don’t deliver to your address
Huh. Others have said that DHL will hand it of to USPS. Maybe they are not right. Recall, my tracking says DHL handed mine off to a "third party". Yes, DHL delivers here...all the time.

Huh. Others have said that DHL will hand it of to USPS. Maybe they are not right. Recall, my tracking says DHL handed mine off to a "third party". Yes, DHL delivers here...all the time.
The truck had DHL and the lady delivering had on their vest…go figure

Back