Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a little SQ this morning...the SM always just a bit more filling than the competition...the Tate in this case.
20220213_114029.jpg

Is there something in the matrix numbers that tell anything?

It says MCA records EMI Ltd. Made in Great Britain

"File under Popular : Pop Groups" on the back

I know is it sounds great! I've had it since the '70s.
What does the label on the record look like:
R-2328664-1397895644-8541.jpg

R-2266804-1360783297-3904.jpg

Just like #2

That first label must be a very early pressing. I've never seen that label. I bought the 1st album after getting Mirage, the first Camel album I bought.
The first one is pretty rare. That's why I asked.

I have the #2 pressing as well. Incredible spacious sound with plenty of air.

The first UK pressing of Mirage is excellent as well.
It's very dynamic and a little loud. I read somewhere that the loudest part of Lady Fantasy clips a little bit.

I love 70's early pressing UK vinyl.... :love:

The first one is pretty rare. That's why I asked.

I have the #2 pressing as well. Incredible spacious sound with plenty of air.

The first UK pressing of Mirage is excellent as well.
It's very dynamic and a little loud. I read somewhere that the loudest part of Lady Fantasy clips a little bit.

I love 70's early pressing UK vinyl.... :love:
My Mirage is the plain ol' US pressing with the different cover. Sounds great though! I have an early US DJ pressing of "Moon Madness" that sounds fantastic. First, Mirage and Moon Madness are my favorites. "The Snow Goose" comes in 4th.

Of course I had to buy the First one on CD to get the 19 min "Homage To The God of Light" bonus track. The CD sounds great too. They didn't screw it up in remastering like many I've gotten burned on. For example the 2002 HDCD McDonald and Giles sounds like it was stepped on severely with some sort of noise reduction that muffled the highs except on the peaks. Like a Phase Linear Autocorrelator turned up way too high. The record sounds far superior.

Back