Coming in August...."Toto IV" on multichannel hybrid SACD w/ bonus tracks in 7" mini LP packaging

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
From cdjapan.co.jp....

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-10139
"TOTO IV" Japanese original 40th anniversary deluxe edition features SACD hybrid (5.1ch) format. Its CD layer includes audio tracks remastered by Elliot Scheiner in 2018. This edition also includes four bonus tracks. They are based on unfinished outtakes from recording sessions from 1981-1982 and completed as new songs in 2018. Comes with a 1982 Japan tour pamphlet replica, a tour poster, a ticket for Budokan concert, and a donut vinyl single jacket replica. 7inch cardboard sleeve packaging.

I wonder if the SACD will be a straight port of the old SACD, or if they'll use the 5.1 mix that was on the Blu-Ray in that big Toto box set, which had longer versions of a few of the songs?

No Caravanserai? Bummer.....

The Santana SACDs have been more or less on the 50th anniversary of the original albums, and Caravanserai was released in October 1972, so I'd say it'll likely show up later this year...

HMV Japan or Tower Japan have a small pic of the packaging (1982 JAPAN Tour Pamphlet, Tour Poster, Budokan Performance Ticket, Analog Edition Single Jacket Replica, Members Session list):
https://t.co/fQWAgb3qdshttps://tower.jp/article/feature_item/2022/06/01/0101
toto.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if the SACD will be a straight port of the old SACD, or if they'll use the 5.1 mix that was on the Blu-Ray in that big Toto box set, which had longer versions of a few of the songs?
I guess this press release from Sony Music Japan answers the question:

Contents of recording

SACD layer Multi 5.1ch | Stereo 2ch (10 songs in total)

● First release in Japan
2003 DSD mastering (from original analog master)
Mixed for 5.1ch Surround by Elliot Scheiner
Mastered for 5.1ch Surround by Darcy Proper

CD layer Stereo 2ch (14 songs in total)
-Additional recording of 4 songs on Japan's first CD
2018 Digital Remaster (from Original Analog Master)
Remastered by TOTO and Elliot Scheiner

One of my favorite albums. The song "I Won’t Hold You Back" bring memories of a sweet and beautiful girlfriend of my youth

Day 1, Day 1, Day 1..............................................

Never had the original SACD (got a burned copy)

Thank you Sony Japan!!!!!!!

Pre-ordered

Regards,

Last edited:
Hmmm. Already owning the original SACD with 5.1 mixes, not sure I have interest in this one. Obviously, would be fun to get it for the packaging. I dunno.
Buy it, keep it sealed, flip it in 5 years so it won’t cost you anything; and you can also get that Animals new release about that time with the profit… huh maybe 10 (y)

Ordered.
USA folks who freaked out over the cdjapan DHL delivery service that uses the post office to deliver the final leg to your address will be happy to see that for pennies more there is a Fed Ex Priority option.

Not a big Toto fan, but when I saw Ringo & his All-Starr Band here outdoors several summers back with Steve Lukather (& Todd Rundgren, Greg Rolie etc.), had a magic live concert moment.

Late in the show, they played Africa.
When the chorus came around, it started gently raining as we all sang along, the spotlights making the drops shine in the dark.

Good enough reason to add this to the Sony Japan 7" collection.
While I wait for Caravanserai, Welcome, Borboletta 50th anniversary releases for the next three Christmas seasons, with any luck.

Hmmm. Already owning the original SACD with 5.1 mixes, not sure I have interest in this one. Obviously, would be fun to get it for the packaging. I dunno.
Buy it, keep it sealed, flip it in 5 years so it won’t cost you anything; and you can also get that Animals new release about that time with the profit… huh maybe 10 (y)
Really, really nice offering for core fans who want the bonus tracks, collectors, and those who didn't get the SACD. It's not all that expensive even with shipping if one combines it with another item from CD Japan.

I usually play Africa, Rosanna and maybe one or two other tracks. But I like to listen to all the killer intros on this album. For some time, those intros were the staple of music for NPR (National Public Radio.) You know, would ESPN have survived their nascent years if it wasn't for Allan Parsons Project's Sirius and Mammagamma? ;)

USA folks who freaked out over the cdjapan DHL delivery service that uses the post office to deliver the final leg to your address will be happy to see that for pennies more there is a Fed Ex Priority option.
Beware the FedEx option. The last item I ordered from FedEx was delivered by the USPS...two days after FedEx tracking said the package had been delivered to my front porch.

Beware the FedEx option. The last item I ordered from FedEx was delivered by the USPS...two days after FedEx tracking said the package had been delivered to my front porch.
FedEx offers a service called SmartPost where the "last mile" is handled by USPS. Are you sure it wasn't sent that way? (UPS offers the same service under the name SurePost.)

FedEx offers a service called SmartPost where the "last mile" is handled by USPS. Are you sure it wasn't sent that way? (UPS offers the same service under the name SurePost.)
Obviously it was sent that way, but FedEx never said so in their tracking information. Why did they say, "left on front porch" when it went to the USPS for final delivery?

Back