Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or a whole ton of them! One for each record, right?
They are especially needed if you have a record changer that can take 33s and 45s in the same stack. Several companies made them.

Webcor's Magic Mind models
The Glaser-steers GS-77
Fisher Lincoln 70

My modified Collaro Conquest can also do it, but the 45s have to be last. Here is a picture of it doing that.

collo2e.jpg

6DCD498B-F9D0-4C1A-89F6-DF4825BAC13D.jpeg

The Wildroot Orchestra

Local band (Vancouver BC), basically Wildroot with a horn section, from 1981 on the Attic label.
Really good album with great sound.
They released a second album on an indie label, need to track that one down.

This is the THIRD LP version ( I got the UK version in Madrid-along with the original CD pressing- and the Japanese version here in NOLA) I have of this Masterpiece; this one is the USA "Relativity Records" pressing which happens to be on TRANSLUSCENT vinyl...the pressing is a bit noisy, mostly medium loud clicks but since it's "virgin" vinyl , the surface noise is extremely low...
It's mastered rather loudly, funny considering the material, but maybe it's an advantage...
https://www.discogs.com/release/107...hrie-Simon-Raymonde-The-Moon-And-The-Melodies

54844882-BD43-4EA6-B73E-460DB52078AA.jpeg

Thelma Houston & Pressure Cooker -
I’ve Got the Music In Me

I have this audiophile classic on CD but this is the first time on vinyl. Sounds great.

Spinning the 1st of 4 LPs from the Rush Moving Pictures boxset live in YYZ...it is warped towards the center so I have to push it down with my 45 adapter plus a bit of folded paper in the spindle hole so it stays in place, also , pretty noisy for a new pressing 180g LP pressing (which I think it's a lot of smoke and mirrors...)
the second record is REALLY warped, hopefully my SL-QL1 will behave and play it normally...
(I see that I belong to a growing number of QQers with sexy Linear Tracking TTs!!!)
NDItNTAwOS5qcGVn.jpeg

Back