New Blackfield (Steven Wilson) 6CD Blu ray with some 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this in an email Blackfield AN ACCIDENT OF STARS: 2004-2017 DELUXE BOOK SET 6CD & BLU-RAY (1500 copies) from just-for-kicks-music, includes IV & V in 5.1 on a BDA along with Live In NY, the other albums in 24-bit/44.1kHz. Not that cheap though.

Nearly a 100 Euro's eh Duncan....humm

Just announced on some sites for release end of March such as Just For Kicks and JPC in Germany. Unfortunately no Atmos and no surround mixes on first three albums. ltd to 1500 copies only

1677177240413.png

BLACKFIELD - AN ACCIDENT OF STARS: 2004 - 2017 – THE NEW 7-DISC DELUXE BOOK-SET WITH PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED LIVE SHOW.

Friendship & brotherhood are at the core of Blackfield. The duo comprised of Aviv Geffen & Steven Wilson has worked together intermittently across 22 years, going back to 2000, with the entirety of its output through 2017 captured on ‘An Accident Of Stars: 2004 – 2017’.

Kscope are now delighted to present, for the first time, this run of albums from 2004 - 2017. Collected together & housed in a deluxe book-set, with a 64-page book at the centre, detailing the beginnings & inner workings of their journey through interviews with both Steven & Aviv. Included within are the first five albums as well as a bonus disc of the band‘s previously unreleased incredible show at Paradiso, Amsterdam from 2011 (‘Live DNA’). In addition, a newly produced Blu-ray is featured which has ‘Blackfield’, ‘Blackfield II’ & ‘Welcome To My DNA’ in 24bit 44.1kHz format, ‘Blackfield IV’ & ‘Blackfield V’ in 5.1 Surround Sound & High Resolution 24-bit Stereo as well as the full ‘Live In N.Y.’ show as a visual concert with 5.1 Surround Sound & High Resolution 24-bit Stereo. The bands’ promo videos from this period are also included.

When the two began collaborating, they were both firmly established in their own careers as renowned rock vocalists, songwriters, producers & multi-instrumentalists. Geffen is one of Israel’s most iconic & best-selling musicians, who performs at stadium level in his home country. At the time of Blackfield’s formation, Wilson was leading Porcupine Tree, the celebrated expansive British rock band. By 2010, he shifted into a solo career, building up a dedicated global following that expands with each passing day. It was his late ‘90’s output with Porcupine Tree that caught Geffen’s ear & began an organic process that eventually led to Blackfield’s creation.

Geffen & Wilson look back at their Kscope years as a period of significant discovery, evolution & accomplishment. “Blackfield delivered a brilliant set of songs with a really distinctive sound across these five albums,” says Wilson. “Sometimes you really don’t understand what your sound is until years later. When I revisited these albums during the remastering process, I realized how unique the combination of Aviv & I sound. It’s something that could only have emerged from the two of us, together. And there are so many great songs on these records. Aviv was so often coming up with songs that blew me away. It’s a special collaboration that’s delivered tremendous classic pop songs, production & performances.”

LIMITED TO 1,500 COPIES WORLDWIDE!

Discs
1.Blackfield (2004)
2.Blackfield II (2007)
3.Welcome To My DNA (2011)
4.Blackfield IV (2013)
5.Blackfield V (2017)
6. Live DNA: Recorded at the Paradiso, Amsterdam, The Netherlands on 10th April 2011
- Previously unreleased
7.Blu-ray - Blackfield Hi-Res + Live in N.Y. & Official Promo Videos –
Blackfield - 24bit 44.1kHz –
Blackfield II - 24bit 44.1kHz –
Welcome To My DNA - 24bit 96kHz –
Blackfield IV - 5.1 Surround Sound & High Resolution 24-bit Stereo –
Blackfield V - 5.1 Surround & Hi Resolution Stereo Mixes –
Live In NY - Visual Concert in 5.1 Surround & Stereo –
Promo videos – ‘Blackfield’, ‘Pain’, ‘Hello’, ‘Jupiter’

Saw this post with excitement and had my hopes dashed when seeing it's just got the same 5.1 I already have. Like Duncan I have never been very keen on live albums compared to studio albums but since no 5.1 of the first 2 albums I bought "Blackfield Live in New York" and I was pleasantly surprised by this release and have listened to it quite a bit.

So disappointed.. perfect opportunity to remix those classic albums wasted. :( I love those first three, but instead he's mixing Storm Corrosion AGAIN which is already in surround 😭. He has such a wide catalog of things that aren't in surround, classic No-Man, Porcupine Tree, IEM, Blackfield, I just don't get it. I definitely wont be supporting this release, already have everything but Live DNA. It's interesting the last album wasn't included. I wonder if it's too recent, or just because it isn't very good.

I have all the discs, including the DVDs and BD, but not their compilation nor their last album, so no need to buy for me.

It's funny how For The Music is not included ;)

Back