The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way... (Paul),

In the SDE Shop - SDE Exclusives area of the web site, not all of the SDE Surround Sound Series blu-ray audio discs are listed.

Also, given that the Everything But The Girl, Fuse CD+Blu-ray disc combo can be purchased directly from the EBTG store, how is this different from the version on your web site?

Cheers
it has the CD...

May be one from my childhood :ROFLMAO: (I still have it!)

View attachment 89366
I saw a book festival appearance by Stephen Morris, the drummer for Joy Divison and New Order. He said he got his first drum kit when he saw Sooty live and his parents bought him a Sooty drum kit. So, without the rock 'n' roll influence of Sooty we'd have no She's Lost Control! :p

Just sent this email to customer service, but I thought I should share it here and tag @PaulatSDE:

I currently have three active limited edition preorders. Is there any way these three orders can be combined into one shipment when the final items are ready to dispatch? I know this has not been possible in the past, but I am hoping policies may have changed. As these orders consist of limited edition products, I cannot simply cancel the existing orders and create a new one with all items included, as many are sold out.

My concern is that it is environmentally irresponsible (and expensive) to have so many small orders being shipped to me in the U.S. This will continue to be an issue for me going forward, as I plan to collect the entire SDE Surround Series, which means preorder after preorder for single products. Being able to combine a few into one shipment would be a great help. I'm sure I am not your only overseas customer in this same predicament.

Here's the reply I got from Anne at the SDE Shop:

Anne here from the SDE shop in London.

Hope you are well and thanks for your interest in the SDE surround sound Blurays.
Sadly we don't yet have a way to combine orders , and it is not a matter of policy but actually finding the technology to allow us to do that... Infact if you have experience of it that other people offer then I would be grateful for the recommendation...

In the mean time rest assured that we are always striving here at SDE to minimize our environmental impact where we can. We use LIL pack wraps which are plastic free and zero C02.

Anything else I can help with please let me know .

Thanks Anne

And my response:

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what "technology" would be required; I'm not an expert in e-commerce. I would think the issue could be solved via human interaction. For example: a customer requests orders be combined, so SDE cancels the existing orders and creates a new one with the same combined contents. Or, simply make notes on the orders that they should be held and combined when the final order is ready to dispatch, and any difference in postage refunded.

It's not quite the same, but I do place larger orders with Burning Shed (also in the UK) a few times per year. These orders typically include a number of preorders. It is their standard operating procedure to ship items as they become available, but a simple request to customer service and they will hold all items until all are available. From a customer-facing perspective, this is simply appended to the order as a text note. As they collect postage at time of purchase under the assumption that the standard dispatch policy will be followed, they will then issue a refund at the actual time of dispatch reflecting any difference in postage cost.

I would definitely recommend reaching out to Pete Morgan and the team at Burning Shed to lean on their 22 years of expertise as a small business shipping worldwide. I suspect they've dealt with many similar issues since 2001.

CDJapan, does the same thing, you can bundle your previous orders to ship with your last order in your que, by last order I mean last date.
MOFI does not do it, sometimes I think they make a few bucks off there shipping charges.
BTW:
I have two unopened (see picture) with sleeves. I am looking for a Gilbert O'Sullivan with sleeve.
IMG_3546.jpg

Anne's response:

Thanks so much for your email it is really good to know how Burning shed deal with the requests from a customer perspective. I think Paul knows the guys there so I will ask him to reach out to them.

Usually here at SDE we do like to avoid the manual intervention that is why we usually rely on technical solutions to avoid errors.

I will look into how we can help with this..

Thanks Anne

I think the issue here is that SDE is not a store per se with many employees available to answer customer queries and manually manipulate orders. Combining orders would be a nice bonus but I'd rather Paul use his energy on securing new titles instead lol!
I think they use a distributor/fulfilment service as when I use tracked delivery, Royal Mail says they have my delivery from another company name, Prospect?

Back