Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question here does the Atmos mix downmixed to 5.1 sound better than the standard 5.1 mix previously released?

Question here does the Atmos mix downmixed to 5.1 sound better than the standard 5.1 mix previously released?
No. But that is totally subjective. I've listened to the Atmos down mixed to 7.1 in Dolby True HD. It sounds different not better. The Atmos mix played in Atmos sounds better, a lot better.

I ordered the minute I got the SDE email. Like everyone (?) else, I really wish it had the quad. I could also do without the… blurry polka dots? I mean, okay but they coulda left well enough alone and the cover would’ve felt different because though it’s the same in a relative way I’m older. Whatever.

Last edited:
Ordered, a steal at that price
Don't know why I didn't get a notification from SDE about the release but thanks for your input about Amazon UK (not available for pre order in Germany right now!)!! Ordered directly although I recently bought the 7" Cardboard CD-Japan SACD reissue. I was waiting for the Blu Ray since I sold my Immersion Box Set which had the well known issue with it's included blu ray.

I'm done contributing to David's, Roger's and Nick's retirement. I have the original SACD release and the 2011 Bluray so I'm good. Too many other valuable releases to spend my dinero on. 🥃 🥃
Neither would I have bought the SACD nor preordered the blu ray now when my 2011 blu ray from the Immersion Box would still be playable!

Back