Steven Wilson The Yes Album 4CD/LP/Blu-Ray Super Deluxe box coming November 24 (with Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos mix!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After listening to the new Atmos mix of The Yes Album on Apple Music (twice in a row!) I have to say Steven Wilson has completely blown away his earlier 5.1 mix - no comparison, really, IMHO. So happy I can enjoy this mix on streaming as I'm not buying the box set for $70 - $100, bloated with vinyl and a lot of iffy stuff (on CD only) that I don't want. Will wait for a real sale or hopefully a standalone blu-ray down the road. Too bad Yes is going this route with reissues, unlike other bands like Jethro Tull, King Crimson and Marillion, etc. who are giving fans more of what they want and offering actual value for money. But until that happens I'll be enjoying it on Apple Music.

Too bad Yes is going this route with reissues, unlike other bands like Jethro Tull, King Crimson and Marillion, etc. who are giving fans more of what they want and offering actual value for money.
I think you mean "too bad Warner/Rhino is going this route with reissues...". Not sure if the surviving members from this lineup had any say/involvement in the new box set.

I was skeptical about purchasing the new box set for the new Dolby Atmos mix but after hearing on Apple Music the Yes Album in Dolby Atmos I am seriously thinking about getting the new box set. I loved the 5.1 of the Yes Album and is one of my favorites of Steven Wilson surround mixes. The new Dolby Atmos mix IMO is the best Steven Wilson mix I have heard, simply great. I have some thinking to do about getting this box set. I don’t know if can wait for a single blu ray (if one ever is available) even though I have access to the streaming Dolby Atmos mix.

I was skeptical about purchasing the new box set for the new Dolby Atmos mix but after hearing on Apple Music the Yes Album in Dolby Atmos I am seriously thinking about getting the new box set. I loved the 5.1 of the Yes Album and is one of my favorites of Steven Wilson surround mixes. The new Dolby Atmos mix IMO is the best Steven Wilson mix I have heard, simply great. I have some thinking to do about getting this box set. I don’t know if can wait for a single blu ray (if one ever is available) even though I have access to the streaming Dolby Atmos mix.
Get it!!
Get it!!!
Get it!!!!
What are you…chicken!??

Just figured I’d help enable a fellow surround addict (and Yes fan) to feed their addiction. 👹😉

I just checked ImportCD that still has it for $73.44. Their current "TENOFF" only works on in-stock items. Here's the catch, while it doesn't get released until 11/24, ImportCDs is already showing The Yes Album IN-STOCK. The coupon expires TONIGHT at midnight CST. I just ordered it for $66.10 plus shipping and tax.

Honestly…the insistence on bundling vinyl with a blu-ray Atmos disc defies all reason IMHO…seem to be completely opposite ends of the spectrum to me...
I have not had a turntable in 30 years & don’t plan to get one…EVER.
So…paying for vinyl is nonsensical for me.
I can’t be the only one…
Stand alone blu-ray please! 🙏🏼

Last edited:
Honestly…the insistence on bundling vinyl with a blu-ray Atmos disc defies all reason IMHO…seem to be completely opposite ends of the spectrum to me...
I have not had a turntable in 30 years & don’t plan to get one…EVER.
So…paying for vinyl is nonsensical for me.
I can’t be the only one…
Stand alone blu-ray please! 🙏🏼
You're not! But the only way these decisions change is through people voting by keeping their wallets closed. Hopefully a standalone blu-ray will eventually follow this cash grab. Alan Parsons and even Pink Floyd have pioneered a reasonable model - offer a loaded box set for super fans followed by a more reasonable standalone blu-ray a year later. This has happened before in the Yes universe: Chris Squires Fish Out Of Water deluxe started with a big box packed with unwanted vinyl and then a standalone blu-ray a year later. At least we can stream it while waiting.

I sold my Linn turntable along with my vinyl collection years ago (do I miss them, yes, but I LOVE my Oppo UDP-205 and its ability to play pretty much any digital silver spinning disc format!) so, I will stick to the Panegyric 5.1 surround mixes by Steven Wilson on Blu-ray. The post hits it right on the head as to some record companies thinking in "what were/are they thinking???"

there was an article in the most recent Stereophile magazine where the head of Universal Music said that the days of physical disc Atmos are numbered due to costs, etc
No shit Sherlock - because you put toys and cds and vinyl in the boxes !! Get rid of the damn boxsets and go to single blu ray disc. Stop the bloat

thank goodness for SDE

there was an article in the most recent Stereophile magazine where the head of Universal Music said that the days of physical disc Atmos are numbered due to costs, etc
No shit Sherlock - because you put toys and cds and vinyl in the boxes !! Get rid of the damn boxsets and go to single blu ray disc. Stop the bloat

thank goodness for SDE
Dizactly 👍🏼

I sold my Linn turntable along with my vinyl collection years ago (do I miss them, yes, but I LOVE my Oppo UDP-205 and its ability to play pretty much any digital silver spinning disc format!) so, I will stick to the Panegyric 5.1 surround mixes by Steven Wilson on Blu-ray. The post hits it right on the head as to some record companies thinking in "what were/are they thinking???"
I too have the 5.1 blu-ray of this album…but would still buy the Atmos disc…if I could buy that & that alone…🤑

So, can anyone write about the actual differences in the old 5.1 vs new Atmos mix? Better still, how does the 5.1 downmix of the Atmos differ from the old 5.1, specifically?

Last edited:
Back