Steven Wilson The Yes Album 4CD/LP/Blu-Ray Super Deluxe box coming November 24 (with Steven Wilson Dolby Atmos mix!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reported over at SHF: The Yes Album, Super Deluxe Edition, due November 24, 2023

I play-tested the Atmos mix earlier this year, glad to see it's getting a physical release :)
I guess this means that Warner/Rhino are planning to release similar super deluxe editions for the other classic Yes albums, at least up to and including "Relayer".
As SW has already remixed all 5 of those albums, I'm sure it will be relatively easy as it was for this one to further expand these albums into Atmos
I'm in!

Omg omg omg!!!! LOVING IT This will be my ear wurm until the release. :D
Well, not for me as I think it's a good example of why Kaye's rather unimaginative organ chords helped get him fired, and how Wakeman subsequently took it to another level. The best version of this outro for me is with Wakeman and Howe exchanging solos like a gunfight:

Reported over at SHF: The Yes Album, Super Deluxe Edition, due November 24, 2023

I play-tested the Atmos mix earlier this year, glad to see it's getting a physical release :)

But seriously, these bloated, high-priced multiformat sets that mix optical and vinyl discs have to stop. I stopped caring about vinyl 37 years ago, and I'm sure there are vinyl fans who don't care about optical. But we all have to pony up for stuff we don't want just to get stuff that we do want -- and the record labels are cashing in. I know the answer is: "So don't buy it." I won't be. Just my take.

If the Atmos mix is locked in a box with vinyl I won't be buying it, either. It would be a shame if many classic bands whose catalogs have already been released in 5.1 (that many of us have already bought) reissue Atmos mixes only locked in bloated box sets with vinyl and other useless swag that few actually want. Sadly, I don't see the price gouging ending anytime soon.

Well, not for me as I think it's a good example of why Kaye's rather unimaginative organ chords helped get him fired, and how Wakeman subsequently took it to another level. The best version of this outro for me is with Wakeman and Howe exchanging solos like a gunfight:

I agree, but my favorite live rendition from Rick is the one from my hometown, Havana. Someone in the audience accused him of being too wound up on coke: 'Estás Pasao'

Latest posts

Back