Steven Wilson Richard Wright "Wet Dream" (Blu-Ray with Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes coming September 29!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really enjoying the Atmos mix (the drums & bass in particular sound really excellent and punchy), but did anyone else find they had it crank it up a bit relative to other titles?

It turns out the TrueHD stream was encoded with a DialNorm value of -26 rather than -31, so it's playing back 5 dB lower than intended. Not as bad as the Zappa or Blur discs that were encoded at -18, but still annoying.

It is a bit more dynamic than the "average" album mix.

Listening/watching now the hard disc now.
Good morning music, nothing in your face. On the very tame side.
Menu super easy to navigate.
The onscreen graphics do not change except for Track Title.

Was on the fence a bit. Liked the Atmos streaming, but musically the album does not totally convince me and I feel that the price is too high, compared to other recent blurays. Was able to order this at €21at Amazon.nl today, though (with a €5 discount I got from them, that I didn't seem to find much use for otherwise). So I gave in and ordered.

The first two, the S/T and About Face, please.
I can’t find it now but there definitely was footage of Wilson with David’s first solo album visible in the background as if he was mixing it. But let’s face it they’re running out of stuff to reissue so my guess is DG self titled hits in 2024.

'But let’s face it they’re running out of stuff to reissue'
I'd argue that WYWH could be up for a separate bluray? The SACD from a couple of years back is hard to get now and if the 'Animals' and 'DSOTM' blurays were a success (which I guess they were), why not repeat the trick with WYWH?
The same goes for Momentary Lapse of Reason and Division Bell (already in surround on Apple Music - 'Lapse' was already released on bluray in the Deluxe Version from 2021 that is still widely availabe at rather reasonable prices so perhaps that one is not the most sensible choice).
And *if* DG wants to reissue stuff, then his more recent 'On an Island album' seems a more sensible option IMO (already available in surround through Apple Music and and an album he seems to connect to more these days then his earlier stuff).

Last edited:
Just got it and first listen. Pretty package. But other than playing as background music or trying to take a nap I don't see pulling this out too much . I have the CD Q sound enhanced Broken China which I prefer to this.
I'll listen a few more times but.....

Back