It's Coming!! Pink Floyd WYWH SACD...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great news! Looking forward to this.

Apparently I will not be looking forward to this after all. Saw this on Acoustics Sounds site:
Acoustic Sounds requires a $50 minimum order for non-continental U.S. customers including those in Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico.

$35 seemed like plenty. I really wasn't planning to spend $50. Aqualung, then this. Very strange.

Great news! Looking forward to this.

Apparently I will not be looking forward to this after all. Saw this on Acoustics Sounds site:
Acoustic Sounds requires a $50 minimum order for non-continental U.S. customers including those in Canada, Puerto Rico and Mexico.

$35 seemed like plenty. I really wasn't planning to spend $50. Aqualung, then this. Very strange.

You can have someone order it for you and send it to you....
I will if you need.

I was hoping that someone at Acoustic Sounds or the record company was going to see sense and change their usual overseas delivery policy for this disc as a lot of their orders would be coming from outside the US but apparently this is not going to be the case. A $50 minimum order policy means that the overseas customer has to buy at least two discs which will probably come out at $70 to $80. Add in postage which I guess would be around $10+ dollars you're looking at around $90 for the package. Then in the UK the high cost will attract the attention of Customs who will probably add on another £30 ($45) in tax and postal charges. By the time it's actually delivered the cost of this SACD (and it's companion) is higher than the cost of the full box set. Quite why Acoustic Sounds is incapable of posting a single SACD is beyond me particularly as Amazon, Amazon Marketplace sellers and ebay sellers do it all the time. It's nice of forum members to offer to handle the overseas distribution of this disc but it shouldn't really be necessary. (Rant over.)

The description says; No Other Retailer Will Have The Disc Before Acoustic Sounds!

This leads me to believe that it probably will be available elsewhere after the initial sales surge, if you can wait.

The description says; No Other Retailer Will Have The Disc Before Acoustic Sounds!

This leads me to believe that it probably will be available elsewhere after the initial sales surge, if you can wait.

And maybe even at the same time... just not before Acoustic Sounds.

I wasn't planning on spending close to $50 here in the U.S. as well. $35 plus their shipping is over $40 + for one title. Folks could save on shipping buying multiple discs and splitting costs, but we'll wait to see if the price comes down or try to get the box close to the $100 range. As for the price for the SACD, it'll depend on how many get produced of course. They could pop up at Fry's or elsewhere for lower, we'll see.

Remember the "good old days" of only 5 years ago when new SACD/DVD-A cost under $20? :rolleyes:

I wasn't planning on spending close to $50 here in the U.S. as well. $35 plus their shipping is over $40 + for one title. Folks could save on shipping buying multiple discs and splitting costs, but we'll wait to see if the price comes down or try to get the box close to the $100 range. As for the price for the SACD, it'll depend on how many get produced of course. They could pop up at Fry's or elsewhere for lower, we'll see.

Remember the "good old days" of only 5 years ago when new SACD/DVD-A cost under $20? :rolleyes:

Speciality audio companies like accoustic sounds, elusivedisc etc. tend to keep higher prices for most discs. That does not mean it won't be available elsewhere (unless there are some exclusive rights, which may not be the case here). I would think it will available for about $25 for those who willing to wait and as far as limited edition goes we have all seen how limited was Oh by the Way box...so relax everybody. :chill

Back