What's the Latest MATRIX LP/CD Added to Your Pile? SQ, QS, RM, EV

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are those Disney originals mixed in Quad, Bill?

if so.... WOW!!!!

:eek:

I`ll have to get back on this being Christmas to verify before I play any of these LP`s I give them a cleaning with my new Ultrasonic cleaner and I`ve got a load to do...I`ll get there....

Last edited:
Hi. J. PUPSTER
I don't read Japanese but I thing it`s showing a phantom centre channel this is a matrix LP of QS system...
Yes, I think you are right Bill, this is not showing any actual centre channel, but is simply showing where each instrument has been positioned in the recording.

I`ll have to get back on this being Christmas to verify before I play any of these LP`s I give them a cleaning with my new Ultrasonic cleaner and I`ve got a lode to do...I`ll get there....
Hi Bill, what ultrasonic cleaner have you got? - I was thinking of getting one but there seem to be so many out there it's difficult to choose. Cheers.

Yes and I'm surprised that they had so many indicated as QS .
I'll see if I can dig up those 2 titles names for you , Soundy

The two titles identified as being a true quad source from Everest, etc. ;

Scott Joplin - Treemonisha (Zimmerman piano) ....Olympic 8139. ( same recording as on Murray Hill 931079 )

Richard Zimmerman - Scott Joplin, The Entertainer ......Olympic 7116 . (again same on Murray Hill 931079 )

It should be of interest to note that most stereo recordings (Everest etc ) fed through a QS Encoder properly should yield a QS quad matrix albeit not intended , mono sources are seriously doubtful.

Hopefully this is of some help Soundfield . Now you have to establish which are from a stereo source.

The two titles identified as being a true quad source from Everest, etc. ;
Scott Joplin - Treemonisha (Zimmerman piano) ....Olympic 8139. ( same recording as on Murray Hill 931079 )
Richard Zimmerman - Scott Joplin, The Entertainer ......Olympic 7116 . (again same on Murray Hill 931079 )
It should be of interest to note that most stereo recordings (Everest etc ) fed through a QS Encoder properly should yield a QS quad matrix albeit not intended , mono sources are seriously doubtful.
Hopefully this is of some help Soundfield . Now you have to establish which are from a stereo source.
Thanks very much Fizzy, I'll look out for those Scott Joplin titles.

My last quad acquisitions of the year arrived last week.

A couple from EMI:

AAD1.JPG

AAD2.JPG

SHC1.JPG

SHC2.JPG

A rather battered VoxBox set (as many of them offered for sale seem to be, not necessarily because were they singled out for maltreatment by the original buyers (!) but rather the boxes were poorly made, somewhat flimsy affairs and the stick on paper artwork rarely fares well):

HSEA1.JPG

although the LPs are in fine condition and the recording was Dolby processed:
HSEA4.JPG

HSEA2.JPG

Finally, this Eurodisc LP in comparison is a much higher quality item in terms of presentation (and thanks to still being sealed, is in perfect condition):

SVC1.JPG

SVC2.JPG

I think I might have to buy a few more in the New Year!

Thanks very much Fizzy, I'll look out for those Scott Joplin titles.

Your welcome , Soundy. :)

Also consider the stereo source . I've playd with stereo into an Encoder and it can work , as most if not all have 4 separate input vol. controls ........so if done right you get a decent quad matrix encode by steering info from the stereo source into the rear .

are those Disney originals mixed in Quad, Bill?

if so.... WOW!!!!

:eek:

Hi. fredy

I have listened to this QS Quad LP it has good Quad action in the back channels the main stage in front and a lot of banter back and forth from instruments left to right to front,
in respect to whether this is the music that Disneyland Records used in there movies & on tv I don't now, It came to my mind when I visited the US about 38 years or so ago I done the tourist think I visited Disneyland I remembered there was a stage which had a full band orchestra playing all the Disney favorites and the LP reminded me of that.
This LP was released in Japan From King Records and they would of got the master Quad tape from Disney Records to produce this LP.
I read some were years ago that Disney released some Quad LP but I cant remember any de tales.

Fantastic mixes! What I'd give to get these on SACD from DV...

View attachment 37248

great finds! :love:
love these two, too.. and you don't see them come up that often, especially the Survival SQ in good nick seems to come up quite infrequently.. we have no discrete point of reference for the Survival Quad but if we ever do get a DV release i reckon the Surround Master will have been shown to have done a great job, it's fab and easily one of my all-time faves from SQ! :LB

Hi. fredy

I have listened to this QS Quad LP it has good Quad action in the back channels the main stage in front and a lot of banter back and forth from instruments left to right to front,
in respect to whether this is the music that Disneyland Records used in there movies & on tv I don't now, It came to my mind when I visited the US about 38 years or so ago I done the tourist think I visited Disneyland I remembered there was a stage which had a full band orchestra playing all the Disney favorites and the LP reminded me of that.
This LP was released in Japan From King Records and they would of got the master Quad tape from Disney Records to produce this LP.
I read some were years ago that Disney released some Quad LP but I cant remember any de tales.

thank you for the cool info as ever Bill, Happy New Year! :love:

Back