1st Album Was Their Best - Which Are Yours?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since they were working on a second album and released a live one, this counts as a first, though not only album. Either way, it's phenomenal music and the Scheiner mix takes it up a few notches:
7a40984f-78c3-4804-b5f7-4adb660713ee.jpg

I Stand Alone is a great pick! I considered it, but prefer You Never Know Who Your Friends Are. Several of my CD's are signed by him. These two, Child (Gold Mastersound), Super Session, Al's Big Deal and Easy Does It are autographed.

Big Pig only did 2 lp's...this was miles ahead of the follow up
big pid9397603202421.jpg

The Knack did a few more than their first...but does anybody remember the other releases...or even care
Knack-GTK.jpg

Last edited:
There's something spectacular about hearing this years before all the others that followed..
in a musical time dominated by bubble gum music...along comes this
recorded in 2 weeks...what a debut !!
led-zeppelin-12.jpg

Last edited:
Most definitely;
-Boston

Honorable mention:
-Get the Knack
(but, do keep in mind that all of these LPs had been reworked over one or many times, like "Cheap Trick"...although they turned into something else later...)

and although I love "Candy-O" and also" Shake it up" has one of the most contagious grooves ever,
yes, the first one is their best...

and , again, they have evolved endlessly, but I DO think "Mr Fripp and his group" were tapping into something quite different back with ITCOTKC.

EDIT.
-also included is "Chicago Transit Authority", and Walter(sorry , but she was Walter back then) Carlos "Switched on Bach".

View attachment 8940

Produced by Jimi Hendrix and featuring their top 40 hit, "Good Old Rock N Roll" - soon to be reissued. Their followup, "Albion Doo Wah" wasn't too bad either - authentic Woodstock era, rock/folk/country/blues.

OMG! havn't thouht of them in frigging years! Yes! I remember them sooo well! As a story goes with it. Music is so much a part of our lives!

ub40.jpg

allmusic decribes this lp as "It's hard to believe this is the same UB40 that later topped the U.K. charts with the likes of "Red Red Wine" and "I've Got You Babe." Their fire was dampened quickly, but on Signing Off it blazed high, still accessible to the pop market, but so edgy that even those who are sure there's nothing about the group to admire will change their tune instantly."

Last edited:
CCR 1st was by far the best.

Attachments

• ccr_sacd.jpg
    ccr_sacd.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Back