1st Album Was Their Best - Which Are Yours?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
784c225b9da043a278038110.L.jpg
51KOjlBfzzL._SS400_.jpg
61AHDKmDpFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
61pYCHVC4XL._SL500_AA300__PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg
314E0A2EEZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

What do the remaining Doors do after the death of Jim Morrison? First, release a really crappy album under the Doors name minus Morrison and then go to London and form the Butts Band, featuring Robby Krieger and John Densmore. Their first album was decent, the next one, not so great.
download.jpg

What do the remaining Doors do after the death of Jim Morrison? First, release a really crappy album under the Doors name minus Morrison and then go to London and form the Butts Band, featuring Robby Krieger and John Densmore. Their first album was decent, the next one, not so great.
View attachment 8990
they actually did two albums without Jim...and then later did American Prayer using his poetry

A Perfect Circle - Mer de Noms. Incredible Album and both after this one are good, but nowhere near this one.

PerfectCircle-Front.jpg

Audioslave. This album is the only one i liked.
f57478df6uw.jpg

Blackfield I, Ok Im really not sure if I like this one more than II, ITs really hard to choose one.

album-blackfield.jpg

Down - NOLA. Really great Rock n Roll album.

NOLA Front.jpg

Explorers Club - Age of Impact. This is a really good prog album that nobody talks about. It would sound amazing in 5.1, The secon album is ... meeeh..
Explorer's Club - Age of Impact.jpg

You all know this one. ITs just great and groundbreaking. I think there might be a lot of arguing about this one. But for me, its their best.}

00-king_crimson-in_the_court_of_the_crimson_king_(remastered)-1999-iro-front.jpg

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory. Yeah! NuMEtal well, its not as bad as everybody thinks. its just.... New. They have several good albums, and have evolved to more mature music, but this is great metal to the vein. I love this one.

AlbumArt_{23D1968B-86ED-44CB-AA1A-D4BB5E21AC79}.jpg

Well, it is their best, although Vs. and the others are excellent to. This one is the sh....
Pearl Jam - Ten.jpg

they actually did two albums without Jim...and then later did American Prayer using his poetry

Were they both as horrible as Full Circle? That's the only one I heard thinking Jim Morrison was part of it and hearing it and thinking, what the hell is this? When I realized it was done after his death then it made sense. I thought it was an awful album.

Nothing wrong with Full Circle.

It's no Morrison Hotel, but it's still good.

Attachments

• doors_full_circle_reel.jpg
    doors_full_circle_reel.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 65
Buggles - The Age of Plastic

How do you follow up after "Video Killed the Radio Star"?

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 61
Were they both as horrible as Full Circle? That's the only one I heard thinking Jim Morrison was part of it and hearing it and thinking, what the hell is this? When I realized it was done after his death then it made sense. I thought it was an awful album.

"Other voices" came first...in John Densmore's book I read it was planned as an lp without Jim,(he'd gone off to live in Paris) but when they started recording it, it just also happened to be on the morning he died...so their excitement for recording an lp without him was quickly eroded..
"Full circle" came next with extra members added...Manzerick pulled the plug after that one as he felt the feeling had gone...

Back