2023 SURROUND RELEASES

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For whatever reason, I never connected with Marillion or Fish at the time, but when I heard about these Fish sets I took a quick listen. This is one I think I’d like, so I just ordered it. Thanks for the link.
Don't mind if I carry that tradition for you.

Week in review:

Bruce Soord is back with his 3rd solo outing, this time a double-album worth of new songs in 5.1 (and Atmos streaming, possibly also as a download later on).

XTC surround sound series continues finally and went Atmos as well.

A Bad Thinkʼs fourth surround album is now available as an Atmos download, mixed by Bob Clearmountain again.

Birdsong At Morning start to re-visit their older releases with Bound EP, which is going to be available as a 5.1 download next week (Atmos follows a little later on).

For links to streaming services and other info please visit the calendar high above.

Last edited:
LOL at the instrumental mixes because Gainsbourg’s lyrics (especially on this album) are absolutely incredible!

Hope the Atmos mix is good, because this a Top Ten album of la chanson française.

EDIT: released 23rd of June, preorder on Amazon France
Now where can we vote on this. I love the album and at times the surround mix is in the back of your head other times all up front. Vocals seem to be front and very 'Gainsbourg'.
The blu ray seems to have everything on it extras instrumental original and new stereo 5.1 and Atmos.

I would recommend this to the house of surround.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there has been any Doobie Brothers ATMOS, 360, or NHK 22.2 tunes released? It is so darn hard to find lists of my fave artists with spatial content on these platforms.
Particularly these songs

What a fool believes
It keeps you running
Jesus is just alright

LOL at the instrumental mixes because Gainsbourg’s lyrics (especially on this album) are absolutely incredible!

Hope the Atmos mix is good, because this a Top Ten album of la chanson française.

EDIT: released 23rd of June, preorder on Amazon France
https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/serge-gainsbourg-l-homme-a-tete-de-chou/hnum/11506212(That translates, minus VAT, to €28.29 or $30.76 shipped to the US.)

Backordered at ImportCDs:
https://www.importcds.com/serge-gainsbourg-lhomme-a-tete-de-chou-cd-with-blu-ray/602455574732
Available at Amazon US:
https://www.amazon.com/LHomme-Tete-Chou-CD-Blu-Ray/dp/B0C1TBMDJB/

Last edited:
This week got quite busy:

Another King Crimson Atmos mix by Steven Wilson was announced for mid-October, and for the same period the next Quadio batch was confirmed.

The next 2L release by Trondheim Symphony Orchestra has now absolutely thorough info here, and a double SACD of the Oklahoma! musical arrives next month.

Finally, there are three new albums for download from IAA in Atmos by Suzanne Grzanna, Peter Schilling and Amabutho.

Oh, and as a bonus, you can treat yourself with a prospect of physical Talking Heads in Atmos ;)

DATE
[Stream]
ARTIST
[QQ Poll Thread]
ALBUM
[Pre-Release Thread]
FORMAT
[Pre-order link]
SURR. CODEC
(NOTES)
SURROUND
ENGINEER
2/10The Rolling StonesGRRR Live!2CD+BD-V5.1 / Atmos
2/17TransatlanticThe Final Flight3CD+BD-V5.1
3/21The Who With OrchestraLive at Wembley2CD+BD-A5.1 / Atmos
4/14Joe BonamassaTales of TimeCD+BD-V5.1 dts-HD
6/23Eric ClaptonThe Definitive 24 Nights6CD+3BDAtmosAndy Bradfield & Simon Climie
8/11Elvis PresleyAloha from Hawaii3CD+BD-V5.1 [LPCM]
2023bArtManThe Great DisasterBD-A5.1bArtMan
TBARoxy MusicAvalonAtmosBob Clearmountain
8/4Rebecca PidgeonThe RavenSACDTBC
AutumnKing CrimsonIn the Wake of Poseidon / Lizard3CD+BDAtmosSteven Wilson
OctoberV. A.Quadio - 2nd batchBD-A4.0
2023Steve RotheryRevontuletTBC
TBAGentle GiantThe Missing PieceBDAtmos / 5.1Steven Wilson
2024Talking Heads773CD+BD-AAtmos
View attachment 90570
Well, even in 2023 multichannel audio on physical media still seems to be a thing and I still do think a release calendar with all the apropriate info aggregated in one place can come in handy. Also, multichannel downloads deserve their place here as well.

I am going to keep the list as accurate as possible and also try not to fall for any vaporware this time. If a release is not fully confirmed yet or the mix needs to be reviewed first (live recordings, typically), it stays here in post #2 before it shifts to the main list.

For more info and speculation on future multichannel treats you can check @rtbluray's threads Looking forward to 2023! and What's New in 2023, as well as @humprof's 1973.

May 2023 be immersive and colorful enough!
It may be better to change the Hawkwind link to this post within the thread (Hawkwind: Space Ritual (Stephen W Tayler 5.1 mix coming in September 2023!)), as the thread starts with talk of an earlier, separate surround sound mix. People showing up clicking the link may erroneously believe the 2023 release is the older surround sound mix.

The entry for the Taking Heads 77 has links for both the ALBUM [QQ Pre-Release Thread] and FORMAT [Pre-order link]. Unfortunately the Pre-order link is the same as the Pre-Release Thread and there is no information for pre-ordering. Unless I need to have my glasses changed again!
77.jpeg

The entry for the Taking Heads 77 has links for both the ALBUM [QQ Pre-Release Thread] and FORMAT [Pre-order link]. Unfortunately the Pre-order link is the same as the Pre-Release Thread and there is no information for pre-ordering. Unless I need to have my glasses changed again!
Sorry, mistake on my part, fixed now.
This title has not been confirmed yet, hence no pre-order and/or release date. The list in post #2 is partly a hub for links to various "Rumblings in Surround" threads.

Back