4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking that Rhino had released Bread already but I was thinking of The Doors. I know they are nothing alike it's just that the covers of both look (sort of) similar so I always confuse the two. :confused:

Rhino veered away from pure Quadio with the Doors. It contains all the single releases on CD, plus the Blu-ray with the Quadraphonic "Best of". I don't think that release even mentions "Quadio". Released despite there being an AF release already.

So despite the fact that Bread was already released by AF, I wouldn't rule it out. There is also the Quad of "Baby I'm-A Want You", a very good album in it's own right.

Don't forget about the David Gates solo Quad albums. They are in fact nearly as good as the Bread albums.

I don't consider Bread to be sappy in anyway, although mostly soft rock they do rock out with tracks like "Mother Freedom" and "Let Your Love Go"!

Two of these titles are the only Quad releases by those artists.
Bette midl
Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway only had a Quad album each. I
I'd love for these two to be released, sooner or later...
Bette Midler and Maria Muldaur, too. Plus Randy Newman. Also one shot quads.

...Donny Hathaway...
Recently acquired the Q8 of Extension of a Man in a lot of NOS tapes from a Discogs seller:

IMG_1349.jpeg

I'd be perfectly happy to keep it sealed should Rhino release it on Blu-ray!

Notice that it's sitting directly above another "only quad" from another WEA singer-songwriter... Still hoping for that one in Quadio, too.

Recently acquired the Q8 of Extension of a Man in a lot of NOS tapes from a Discogs seller:

View attachment 103189

I'd be perfectly happy to keep it sealed should Rhino release it on Blu-ray!

Notice that it's sitting directly above another "only quad" from another WEA singer-songwriter... Still hoping for that one in Quadio, too.
Wow, amazing lot of all really great ones, and ones not later out on silver discs. Was this expensive to purchase?

Hey FR!

How about another clue.
Just spell out the names of the new titles but leave out the vowels

Or....just give us the vowels and we can guess the rest of... what do you call them....
Non-vowels...or 'constants' as they're officially known.

Apologies to any English majors and/or teachers (I know they're actually called 'consonants'.) Hey, I try to not (at least willfully) contribute to ignorance/misinformation on the internet.:)

Ordered one bundle of four quadios more than a week ago. I live in Europe, in the Netherlands. Got two shipping notifications for three discs in total a day or so after the order. Since then: silence. Very curious as to what will happen now. I would be very annoyed if it would be more than one package, because I would likely have to pay a service fee for the custom clearance for each separate package.

Ordered one bundle of four quadios more than a week ago. I live in Europe, in the Netherlands. Got two shipping notifications for three discs in total a day or so after the order. Since then: silence. Very curious as to what will happen now. I would be very annoyed if it would be more than one package, because I would likely have to pay a service fee for the custom clearance for each separate package.
Oh, it will be more than 1 package. Guaranteed. :confused:

Which is the reason I haven’t ordered any from batch 2 or 3 yet even if I really want many/most of them. That shipping situation just has to change.
To Norway?

These discs are all over Discogs and some at no higher cost than directly from Rhino US. So I really suggest you go see what's cooking there at Discogs or ebay or wherever, and tell those sellers exactly that, that the shipping situation (cost) simply needs to change. And if you are willing to buy 6 or 8 discs, I think you should be able to cut a deal on the shipping cost with the seller.

Back