4 more Quadio titles coming in May 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So obvious that #3 shows Rhino have licensed the debut Eric Carmen solo album quad master from Arista/Sony.
I guess I'm the only one who spotted this. :geek:

Great to see that the Quadio series is branching out to include other labels' titles occasionally.
I hadn't read your comment when I posted the fact that one of them looks like Eric Carmen. so you and I picked up on it right away. would be funny if we were wrong, but that sounds like a title the rights would be easy to get.

Reactions: GOS
But with Joni in the midst of the Archives series of releases, I doubt they would muddle things with a Quadio, unless Vol 4 is delayed.

Carly's catalog has been relatively quiet lately, and she has so many quads, I'm hoping she gets the Boxset in May.

@ForagingRhino did say it would be a mind blower, so maybe they made 2 new Eagles quads :rolleyes:
IMG_0896.jpeg

The eric carmen is one of my fav cd-4's, as well as summer breeze. if paul simon doesn't own his own catalog anymore, then a blow it out of the water quadio box would be his 3 quads along with bridge over troubled water!

I know! I know!! I know!!! I know!!!! But I'm not telling anybody. LOL

...So I really have no bloody idea, and I really admire you folks who try to guess just based on the colors. At least with the first set of Quadios, we got album fonts that were more of a hint than this.

Sorry, I meant the QUADIO spine side - Paranoid is the only one in a different font to the others
I know what you meant - and I meant the Quadio spine closely resembles my 70’s UK LP which is the best the stereo mix of the album has ever sounded. And I bought it at a young age after having only the 8-track cart for a few years.

I like the Quadio visual presentation- it’s as if someone knew that many of us had that particular LP, and they decided to match up the spine graphics. Quite thoughtful imo.

Last edited:
Country artist who wrote "Just Dropped In (to see what condition my condition was in)" after "a night in Hell".
I loved it when a pop or country outfit did an acid drenched psych song and it soars. The Association did a similar thing with “Six Man Band” just terrific stuff.

Sorry us peasants outside the US would like to be able to buy Quadio discs!
I've bought all three Quadio bundles from Rhino USA, there's been a discount code floating around here each time (I think), I just worked out that I payed less than £19 a disc, including shipping, so that's cheaper than SDE Blu-rays for example.

I've bought all three Quadio bundles from Rhino USA, there's been a discount code floating around here each time (I think), I just worked out that I payed less than £19 a disc, including shipping, so that's cheaper than SDE Blu-rays for example.
Not interested in every title and buying bundles of stuff I won't listen to.
Unlike some here I'm not in a corporate fan club and buy everything even if I don't like it
Also doesn't change the fact that there is zero distribution in the EU...500 million people,more than the USA and UK combined
Even if I bought a bundle that's roughly 120 euros with shipping and VAT
So that's 30 euros a disc..not bad if I bought music I didn't like but still 50% more than what USA customers pay!
Buying a single disc with shipping and VAT from Rhino is almost 50 euros(25 disc,16 int shipping,8 VAT)
Don't forget sterling gets you a 25% exchange rate advantage due to the crooks in the City!

Oh no! The VAT discussion is back! Please for the love of all which is holy FR, tell us the titles so the intricacies of shipping these to Lichtenstein can wither on the vine. We beg of you oh almighty Rhino!
I feel we need to discuss shipping these to Transnistria.

Hmmm... Every time I've purchased goods from the US I've been shafted for import tax!

I would like to buy all three sets separately. Does anybody know what the current US import allowance is supposed to be in 2024?

Hmmm... Every time I've purchased goods from the US I've been shafted for import tax!

I would like to buy all three sets separately. Does anybody know what the current US import allowance is supposed to be in 2024?
There is no lower limit! So as they can't get VAT for less than 1p, so 20% VAT due from £0.05 - unless its a gift under £39, in which case no VAT/fee, if over £39 you pay.

Once you get over £135 and that includes the cost of the P&P! its VAT & import duty on the total, plus the tax gathering fee.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty

There is no lower limit! So as they can't get VAT for less than 1p, so 20% VAT due from £0.05 - unless its a gift under £39, in which case no VAT/fee, if over £39 you pay.

Once you get over £135 and that includes the cost of the P&P! its VAT & import duty on the total, plus the tax gathering fee.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
I've just spent $58.46 (£48.32 via PayPal) with Rhino US... So we'll see what happens this time...

Back