4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, but I need to resist the temptation to start thinking about the Jan. 2024 batch. And just stop and be thankful this moment for the current stuff.
But I have had "Home in my Hand" and "Honey Hush" by Foghat, and "Back To Get Ya" by the J. Geils Band dancing around in my head, and they sound good.

Not sure if this will work, but I plan on taking advantage of this $100 shipping deal if possible.
View attachment 96577
Essentially, when the discs are released, I plan on ordering the bundle (which should be just below $80) as well as preorder the Van Morrison Moondance Blu Ray that was announced today (around $25), all in one order.

Someone also suggested to use the code CC22SLA15WMG to take $3.75 off the order. I can't speak for if this all will work, but that'll be my plan coming into all this.
Good plan - I almost ordered the Moondance blu-ray, but the shipping was a bit much for 1 disc.
Hopefully Rhino will allow a combination of a pre-order with an in-stock item…or a combo of pre-orders…🤔

Funny how I neve heard of most people on all your wish list (save Joni Mitchell, Black Sabbath, Eagles, and few...). Probably did they very well in the US but never really reached Europe ? I had never seen 'Spinners' mentioned before that topic. I really don't have a clue what Seals and Crifts or Moondance is.
These subjects are pretty eye opening and certainly will push me to streaming platforms to discover these

Last edited:
Ok, but I need to resist the temptation to start thinking about the Jan. 2024 batch. And just stop and be thankful this moment for the current stuff.
But I have had "Home in my Hand" and "Honey Hush" by Foghat, and "Back To Get Ya" by the J. Geils Band dancing around in my head, and they sound good.
Quadio “Energized”?!

Good plan - I almost ordered the Moondance blu-ray, but the shipping was a bit much for 1 disc.
Hopefully Rhino will allow a combination of a pre-order with an in-stock item…or a combo of pre-orders…🤔

This is a good idea if Rhino store permits. Love to turn this quadio purchase into a 5-er :) Either way, I'm also getting Moondance and this would make MD a triple dip - CD, the 5.1 book release and this one. Moondance is a classic.

I was listening to Watchman's Gone on Sundown last night streamed from Qobuz. I was too lazy to get out the CD4 LP, and deal with the turntable! That song just resonates with me. As does the whole album but WG was always the one I liked the most from that album.

Unbeknownst to me, I read that the song was one of Gordon's more popular ones, which somewhat surprises me with his usual hits.

I guess I am thrilled that this album is in the upcoming Quadios. All 4 albums are great.

Thanks, @ForagingRhino!

Ewww...this is the stinky side of 70's quad for me.
I'll get the Mingus but the rest are 70's snoozers...
Quadio better up its game or I don't see it lasting too long
They came outta the gate so strong!!!
This is the first time I've seen someone decline a quadio release because it was "too stinky". lol

Ewww...this is the stinky side of 70's quad for me.
I'll get the Mingus but the rest are 70's snoozers...
Quadio better up its game or I don't see it lasting too long
They came outta the gate so strong!!!
Interesting. I'm sort of thinking the other way around as in looking forward to the first three and hoping to be pleasantly surprised with the Mingus disc.

All 4 of these new Quadio’s are totally not in my normal listening bracket, but I’m somehow more excited for these 4 than I was for the last batch.
So these are not to your tastes, and they are more interesting than the last set. It sounds like you did not like the last ones at all.

Last edited:
So these are not to your tastes, and they are more interesting then the last set. It sounds like you did not like the last ones at all.
I’ll be honest I haven’t listened to any of them since they came out. The music just doesn’t grab me. Except for Paranoid of course. I’ve listened to that a couple more times since and like it.

Not only will I enjoy these disc but they have the potential to be viable demo disc which could push others to get into multi channel music. My brother digs the Spinners so I look forward to playing this for him. It might inspire him to set up his home theater again and get some Quadio!

I'm Okay with the Foghat, but don't believe it's one of their stronger albums. I'd much rather have the 'Takin My Time' if I had a choice.

The Todd Rundgren is an interesting one, I know some folks here that would love that one, but I'm not a big Todd fan, so a little indifferent on that one also. But I do need to go listen to some samples off that album.

But ultimately I'm with @John Svensson - don't stop that... "Train Kept A Rollin'" ;)

The Todd Rundgren is an interesting one, I know some folks here that would love that one, but I'm not a big Todd fan, so a little indifferent on that one also. But I do need to go listen to some samples off that album.

The Rundgren album (Initiation) is an interesting piece in his catalog. He crammed 67 minutes onto a single LP. First side is standard rock fare (well, standard by Todd standards, LOL). The second side is a 37 minute prog/new-age instrumental that has the potential for an insane surround experience in the hands of the right engineer. Here's a chunk of it:

The album's opening track, "Real Man" remains a fan favorite and is still a regular in his live sets.

Funny how I neve heard of most people on all your wish list (save Joni Mitchell, Black Sabbath, Eagles, and few...). Probably did they very well in the US but never really reached Europe ? I had never seen 'Spinners' mentioned before that topic. I really don't have a clue what Seals and Crifts or Moondance is.
These subjects are pretty eye opening and certainly will push me to streaming platforms to discover these
I’m not sure how old you are, but I would have thought some of these great Spinners songs must have crossed over to Europe…perhaps these are the kinds of songs that you absorb without knowing the artist?
In any event, if you like vintage R&B, you’ll love The Spinners 😍

https://app.discotech.me/articles/best-the-spinners-songs-of-all-time-top-tracks

No it’s not. Most specifically because it was the O’Jays. ;)
Well, that's embarrassing! Although I guess it goes to my point, that I was a little underwhelmed by the Spinners when I heard their radio hits as a kid. But I really should have known better; I even have the O'Jays quad 2-fer from Dutton Vocalion (which of course, doesn't have Back Stabbers on it either!). Hey, at least both groups are under the Philly Soul umbrella, right?

I guess I've now double-insulted the Spinners and maybe some of you Spinners fans out there, so I'll say again, I'm buying the Spinners Quadio, and I have little doubt that when I listen, I'll really enjoy it. After all, @fredblue says it's one of his favorite quads ever, and that's high praise indeed.

Back