4 More Quadio titles coming in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ewww...this is the stinky side of 70's quad for me.
I'll get the Mingus but the rest are 70's snoozers...
Quadio better up its game or I don't see it lasting too long
They came outta the gate so strong!!!
I totally disagree, not only with your assessment of the newest batch being 'snoozers', but with regard to where the success of this program will be found. Make titles available in quad that many people love and purchased the first time around and you'll see them sell once again.

I’m not sure how old you are, but I would have thought some of these great Spinners songs must have crossed over to Europe…perhaps these are the kinds of songs that you absorb without knowing the artist?
In any event, if you like vintage R&B, you’ll love The Spinners 😍

https://app.discotech.me/articles/best-the-spinners-songs-of-all-time-top-tracks
I'm 57. But really no, it did not ring any bell, even after listening to that list. But thanks to it, I will better my musical culture (it is not ironic, in case).
There is many names that are unknown to me (Gordon Lightfoot for example).

By the way since someone mentioned Wired, by Jeff Beck, I wish There and Back had the same beautiful treatment Blow By Blow and Wired had.
and of course that goes for Flash.
And and and. Oh My ! really I want Guitar Shop, I really want Guitar Shop. but that turns into a wish list.

I'm 57. But really no, it did not ring any bell, even after listening to that list. But thanks to it, I will better my musical culture (it is not ironic, in case).
There is many names that are unknown to me (Gordon Lightfoot for example).
I don’t think they were ever popular or even just known, here in France! I’m 57 too, so the eighties pop and rock bands were what I was listening in my youth, but I’m also familiar (and in many cases a great fan) of the sixties and seventies (prog-) rock bands, thanks to a very passionate DJ on a local (pirate!) FM radio station when I was a teenager. This DJ called the 65-75 era of rock music the prodigious decade!

Thank You Rhino
Iam in for the bundle, and absolutely drooling over the Spinners in Quadio. In my yout,h WTMP, The Soul Of Tampa Bay was on all the time.
Not familiar with Charles Mingus, but Iam sure I will enjoy, as I will with the other offerings
Did I miss when we can order/pre order these? As I went to Rhinos website and signed on into my account and didn't see them........

The Spinners.....Hot dam!!!

I totally disagree, not only with your assessment of the newest batch being 'snoozers', but with regard to where the success of this program will be found. Make titles available in quad that many people love and purchased the first time around and you'll see them sell once again.
The Gordon Lightfoot Sundown makes this release a big deal all by itself.

Ewww...this is the stinky side of 70's quad for me.
I'll get the Mingus but the rest are 70's snoozers...
Quadio better up its game or I don't see it lasting too long
They came outta the gate so strong!!!
From the lyrics of "When You Leave", from Sparks' latest album, "The Girl Is Crying In Her Latte":

"They'll be breaking out the good music when you leave
The Stylistics, the Spinners, the Delfonics..."

Top one is "America "
The Blue one..."Spinners"
The red one..could be either of the "Randy Newmans'"...or Maria Muldaur ..*
Purple one I hope is "Mingus"

I thought Bette also for the red one...but only if FG thinks she's a singer/songwriter and not Jazz.

Well I did guess three of the titles , ....that red one threw me off , I thought one of Randy Newman's , or Maria Muldaur.
But it turns out to be a MUCH better title with...Gordon Lightfoot's Sundown.

So I'm pleased.

OK, you’re going to have to follow me here...

I was thinking of what four quads I might package if I had the keys to kingdom for the next round. I’m a Deep Purple fan, but I left those out since Burn apparently doesn’t exist, there might be bigger plans for Machine Head, and I’m not sure about Stormbringer.

So like some “family tree” CDs I have for the band and its offshoots, I tried to come up with four titles that would work as a bundle.

Two are easy... Spectrum and Miami featured Tommy Bolin. I see Captain Beyond’s first album (Rod Evans on vocals) on the checklist, but I don’t know what CNX means. Probably means it’s not available, but I’m still dreaming here.

So the fourth title is where it gets a little odd. Since we were talking about Seals & Crofts in another thread, I asked Google Bard (their AI tool) to tell me how Deep Purple and Seals & Crofts are connected. It gave me some generic stuff that I could have figured out by myself, but then threw in this shocking nugget:

In addition to these general connections, there is one specific connection between Deep Purple and Seals & Crofts. In 1974, Seals & Croft recorded a cover of Deep Purple's song "Speed King." Their cover was released as a single and reached number 78 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

Really?!?!

If it’s true, it must be one of the most bitchin’ covers ever, but I can’t find it.

If it’s not true, it just continues to erode my confidence as we go down the path of total AI domination.

Last edited:
OK, you’re going to have to follow me here...

I was thinking of what four quads I might package if I had the keys to kingdom for the next round. I’m a Deep Purple fan, but I left those out since Burn apparently doesn’t exist, there might be bigger plans for Machine Head, and I’m not sure about Stormbringer.

So like some “family tree” CDs I have for the band and its offshoots, I tried to come up with four titles that would work as a bundle.

Two are easy... Spectrum and Miami featured Tommy Bolin. I see Captain Beyond’s first album (Rod Evans on vocals) on the checklist, but I don’t know what CNX means. Probably means it’s not available, but I’m still dreaming here.

So the fourth title is where it gets a little odd. Since we were talking about Seals & Crofts in another thread, I asked Google Bard (their AI tool) to tell me how Deep Purple and Seals & Crofts are connected. It gave me some generic stuff that I could have figured out by myself, but then threw in this shocking nugget:

Really?!?!

If it’s true, it must be one of the most bitchin’ covers ever, but I can’t find it.

If it’s not true, it just continues to erode my confidence as we go down the path of total AI domination.
We may need a grain of salt with that one…at least per the Seals & Crofts discography on Wikipedia (which itself may need checking?!):
1695695269561.jpeg

As a newb around here, one thing that stands out about this site, time and time again......Is the knowledge base.
Iam completely amazed when (to me anyway) some obscure fact comes along, and 5-6 members have a discussion......

Bravo QQ
Now back to the guessing game for the next release

As a newb around here, one thing that stands out about this site, time and time again......Is the knowledge base.
Iam completely amazed when (to me anyway) some obscure fact comes along, and 5-6 members have a discussion......

Bravo QQ
Now back to the guessing game for the next release
We are the Dwayne Dibleys of the surround world :ROFLMAO:

https://reddwarf.fandom.com/wiki/Duane_Dibbley
............. don't know if you can get the Sci-Fi comedy Red Dwarf anywhere other than the UK

I really like "Seven Islands Suite" , from Sundown .....just a bit more than the title track.
After Gordon Lightfoot popped his clogs, I decided that merely having a "Complete Greatest Hits" wasn't going to cut it. So I purchased "If You Could Read My Mind", "Sundown" and "Summertime Dream" on CD, to go deeper. There were only two tracks from "Sundown" on the compilation and to my delight, I discovered that the whole album is really good. I am really looking forward to hearing the "Doo doo doo doo doo" bits, from "Seven Islands Suite" in quad.

Also, I only have one track from America: "A Horse With No Name", from the "American Hustle" soundtrack. That stood out straight away, when I saw the movie. A quick YouTube of "Holiday" later and I know that I'm getting that one too.

Now, Mingus, as we all know, is a mad jazz genius. But I don't seem to put on one of the five albums I own, all that often. However, the Miles Davis Bitches Brew SACD was a revelation for how a chaotic jazz piece could be electrifying to listen to. So Mingus is going to join them. Four out of four for Rhino there. I only purchased "Paranoid" from the last bunch.

We may need a grain of salt with that one…at least per the Seals & Crofts discography on Wikipedia (which itself may need checking?!):
View attachment 96669
Not just a grain... a whole bag.

I was 99.9% sure that never happened, but .1% wondering if I somehow missed it. I’m more just amused to think how Google’s AI came up with that “fact”.

For the record, I would buy a bundle with Spectrum, Miami, Captain Beyond and any of the S&C titles.

Not just a grain... a whole bag.

I was 99.9% sure that never happened, but .1% wondering if I somehow missed it. I’m more just amused to think how Google’s AI came up with that “fact”.

For the record, I would buy a bundle with Spectrum, Miami, Captain Beyond and any of the S&C titles.
Never trust AI in regards to what are facts. Two lawyers actually got into a lot of trouble for using AI to write stuff to the court, and it cited cases that flat-out didn't exist.

Back