A Special Preview of Quadio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes! 🤗

3 Herbie Mann Quads saw release back in the day;

"Push Push" (1971; subsequent Quad release on Q8 tape only, no Quad disc),

"Hold On I'm Comin'" (1972 Live album, 1973 Quad release)

"Reggae" (1973 LP)
No way!

Push Push totally needs a new quad release. Check out some of the personnel:

Duane Allman
Cornell Dupree
David Spinozza
Duck Dunn
Chuck Rainey
Al Jackson Jr
Bernard Purdie

Killer grooves, and killer playing by all. And how about that sexy 70s album cover? Anchorman, eat your heart out! :D

Herbie_Mann_Push_Push_album.jpg

Could once existing 4 channel masters have been tossed out once quad was abandoned and no records kept of them?
There is always the hope that something misfiled will be found by accident but that takes a lot of elbow grease and sifting thru the boxes....
Doubtful, master tapes are usually mixdown tracks from different session tapes, spliced together once a running order is established (recording through a splice may or may not get a satisfactory result. Session tapes, on the other hand, get re-used depending on how many passes in the machine the particular tape had, and what archive value the recorded session has.

Might even draw out Pagey for some surround finally; who once remarked “Little Feat” was his favorite American band.

So we’re in good company Mike-

View attachment 96635
I've seen Little Feat live more times than any other band, and I'd love to have some of their disc's in ATMOS. I'd suspect Representing the Mambo, with all the ambient voices, would be killer in 3D. When the Feat played a summer outdoor at the base of Copper Mountain ski resort, I got the opportunity to take drummer Richie Hayward for a ride in my 308gtb, one of many examples of how humble and fun these fantastic musicians could be. I miss Paul and Richie, but equally appreciate how good the current touring band is; including Billy, Fred and Kenny G. Bring on Little Feat in surround!!

I've seen Little Feat live more times than any other band, and I'd love to have some of their disc's in ATMOS. I'd suspect Representing the Mambo, with all the ambient voices, would be killer in 3D. When the Feat played a summer outdoor at the base of Copper Mountain ski resort, I got the opportunity to take drummer Richie Hayward for a ride in my 308gtb, one of many examples of how humble and fun these fantastic musicians could be. I miss Paul and Richie, but equally appreciate how good the current touring band is; including Billy, Fred and Kenny G. Bring on Little Feat in surround!!

Yea I miss Lowell George. If we get James Taylor-Gorilla, next round , you can hear his fret work unmistakable on one track.

I recommend.."Skin It Back" dts dvd not too shabby .

There was a strong rumour back in early 2000/01/03...that "Waiting For Columbus" , was prepared in 5.1 for DVDA.

Back