America - Hearts - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (Jan 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of the titles that I had way back in the day on CD-4 and on my list to buy again if ever re-released in multichannel. This time with no weird noise, whistles or other surprises magically coming out of the speakers...although I do recall this CD-4 LP being rather problem free. As Snood would say, this make AR very happy!

I was happy to hear about this release. I would say, speaking with zero forehand knowledge on this possibility, that Holiday will follow at some point. If the sources are there, I can't see why Marshall would pass over Holiday to complete the trilogy.

I do find it interesting (and pleasing), however, that WB continues to license the WB 1970's Quadraphonic titles to AF, but they would not let them have the 5.1 of the "Riding with the King" disc. And with Tusk, which is a totally different animal (unreleased 5.1 era mix), they are sticking with DTS DVD instead of BluRay, SACD or DVD-A.

None of this makes any sense if you think about the total picture, but then again, it's the music business. Nothing makes sense these days.

I do find it interesting (and pleasing), however, that WB continues to license the WB 1970's Quadraphonic titles to AF, but they would not let them have the 5.1 of the "Riding with the King" disc. And with Tusk, which is a totally different animal (unreleased 5.1 era mix), they are sticking with DTS DVD instead of BluRay, SACD or DVD-A.

None of this makes any sense if you think about the total picture, but then again, it's the music business. Nothing makes sense these days.

Maybe WB will license an AF SACD of Tusk once sales the new big box set containing the DVDV have petered out?

Did the original America album ever get a quad mix?

Woo!!! It ain't quite the soundtrack to The Last Unicorn, but I'll take it!!!

Baggins used to sing "Sister Golden Hair" to Mrs. B before she was Mrs. B and when she had golden hair down to her derriere!

Woo!!! It ain't quite the soundtrack to The Last Unicorn, but I'll take it!!!

Baggins used to sing "Sister Golden Hair" to Mrs. B before she was Mrs. B and when she had golden hair down to her derriere!

1351737293781_funny-pictures.jpg

I got bad radio burnout on "Sister Golden Hair". It is the track I would least like to hear from this group's hit songs.

I got bad radio burnout on "Sister Golden Hair". It is the track I would least like to hear from this group's hit songs.

They played it quite a bit on the AM channels back in the day. But for me, there is little in the America catalog that I'm bored with...I still love it just as much as the 70's. I can't wait to hear Sister G in Quad....

I mean, even for Amazon, that's a pretty odd price...but I went ahead and pre-ordered. :)

In your case it's a smart move because you have prime...I personally think it's just another example of amazon getting their item out first to draw potential customers and then they work out the details later...and you are spot on about that "odd" price..I can't remember any of these AF releases that sold for that amount on amazon...

Hello,

Look at the tracks on the pic of the Audio Fidelity SACD cover,

Do the Audio Fidelity SACD is missing "Midnight" song?

Original track list:
01. Daisy Jane
02. Half a Man
03. Midnight
04. Bell Tree
05. Old Virginia
06. People in the Valley
07. Company
08. Woman Tonight
09. The Story of a Teenager
10. Sister Golden Hair
11. Tomorrow