America - Hearts - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (Jan 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been available at several places for at least a week..I'm surprised nobody has commented on it yet

Capture.JPG

Yes, got notice mine is on the way. Received old ones yesterday Bread and Judy Collins. not super happy about the soft rock content, but what the heck. We are pioneers of surround recordings and if we don't buy it they won't make it. Music People: more hard rock in surround please.

Ok, now my copy is also preparing for shipping. It's just that the delivery estimate ("We need a little more time…") was throwing me off.
Really looking forward to this one, especially seeing as how "Homecoming" is one of my favorite SACDs I have! :)

Yes, got notice mine is on the way. Received old ones yesterday Bread and Judy Collins. not super happy about the soft rock content, but what the heck. We are pioneers of surround recordings and if we don't buy it they won't make it. Music People: more hard rock in surround please.

Oh, you poor baby. You'll get OVER IT. Steve Wilson's 4 1/2 is on the way http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Wilson...0_&refRID=1QEMEDF018D0TCWYGZNR&tag=acleint-20 as well as L&M's Sittin' In and Hearts "America."

As you get older Markie, you'll appreciate a little "Softer Rock......." :banana:

Until then, for some harder rock, 'heavier metal' try Opeth's Damnation/Deliverance in DTS 5.1. If the 'growling' doesn't get to you, nothing will! https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/mu...e-damnation/03tMO546fQnLII0A3APmpJ/story.html

http://www.amazon.com/Deliverance-D...peth+deliverance/damnation+5.1&tag=acleint-20

Comes packaged in a cool oversized hardbound digibook! Two RBCDs and Two DTS 5.1 DVD~Vs.

Last edited:
I gave it an 8. As others have said we have the three hits, but overall the performance is quite good with very good 4.0 sonics, love it. Not sure if it will be listened to alot by me but i am sure again. As a San Franciscan I can tell you on the inside of liner notes there is picture of Golden Gate bridge and you see this thing across the cables, that was wen they replaced the cables and that thing moved up and down the span. A little SF history.

hi it has been awhile since I posted. I had order america hearts in 4.0 got it in todays mail. and from I heard even thou the package does say 4.0, I turned on my center channel on my yamaha RX 577 and it is 5.1 I am surprised

huggy

hi it has been awhile since I posted. I had order america hearts in 4.0 got it in todays mail. and from I heard even thou the package does say 4.0, I turned on my center channel on my yamaha RX 577 and it is 5.1 I am surprised

huggy

It must be something that your receiver is doing then because there should not be any sound coming from the center channel at all when playing the "Hearts" SACD.

It must be something that your receiver is doing then because there should not be any sound coming from the center channel at all when playing the "Hearts" SACD.

My copy of the Hearts Multichannel SACD is a 4.0 Quad recording.
Sounds like some receiver magic, as you suggest, to make it into a 5.1 performance.

hi as in another post I said I have a yamaha RX 577 and I went into the settings I had set the center with at 7 to mix the center and front right speaker together, then I switched it back to 0 and the vocals did come out of the center I the package said 4.0

the number on the back is 1548 if that meant any thing even through it was relseased this past January, I had ordered las wekk and I just got it in todays mail. it was the 4.0 version from audio fidelty I had ordered that on line from best buy and paid $24.99

huggy

hi as in another post I said I have a yamaha RX 577 and I went into the settings I had set the center with at 7 to mix the center and front right speaker together, then I switched it back to 0 and the vocals did come out of the center I the package said 4.0

the number on the back is 1548 if that meant any thing even through it was relseased this past January, I had ordered las wekk and I just got it in todays mail. it was the 4.0 version from audio fidelty I had ordered that on line from best buy and paid $24.99

huggy

Yeah your receiver is definitely not processing the sound correctly. I don't have that exact model, but I have a very similar Yamaha receiver, so try pressing the "STRAIGHT" button on the remote. Doing this shouldn't add any additional processing on the receiver's end and let me know if you hear anything coming from the center channel. (You shouldn't.)

to rtblury I did what you suggested on the remote to straight and the screen show l r and subwoofer only see the player I have does play the super audio CDs and I have plug into the HDMI Plug on the back of the RX 577 and I had bought that new 4k HDMI cable

so maybe that is why it playing in the center, maybe another reason I see maybe some of hearts were into 4.0 and some were in 5.1 I do no know

huggy

to rtblury I did what you suggested on the remote to straight and the screen show l r and subwoofer only see the player I have does play the super audio CDs and I have plug into the HDMI Plug on the back of the RX 577 and I had bought that new 4k HDMI cable

so maybe that is why it playing in the center, maybe another reason I see maybe some of hearts were into 4.0 and some were in 5.1 I do no know

huggy

Well at least now I know that the issue isn't just with the receiver. It appears to be with your player also. It looks like it's actually playing one of the stereo layers (CD or SACD) and not the Multichannel layer. What player are you using?

I am using a sony blu ray/dvd palyer model bdp - 5380 with that logo that I can play those discs as you said some were in 5.1 so maybe when the mass produced it they put the label on a 5.1 in a 4.0 case. i remeber some of the old A&M record labels on the

orche label like the old TJB they used a mono cover and put the stereo disc in the cover and with a sticker that said in an oval label stereo. so who knows. strange things happening.like the blood sweat & tears one I got with spinning wheel it did paly in 4.0

I wish adio fideilty would release carly simon no secrets with your so vain. and nilsson smilsson with jump into the fire that drum solo as I remeber it from my CD 4 disc was great coming from all 4 speakers would be nice to hear those 2 again

huggy

Back