Anathema-Distant Satellites(some mixed by Steven Wilson) June 9

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi.

When I play my 5.1 DVD (from the deluxe set) I find the rear speakers overtaking the front and center speakers, any advice on this? I have a Sony Receiver.

Thanks!

When yoi have no problem with playback of other discs, you might want to change the speaker levels in your receiver (or player) when you play this disc. A bit annoying to change and change back, but at least you can listen to the great mix in a comfortable way.

Hi.

When I play my 5.1 DVD (from the deluxe set) I find the rear speakers overtaking the front and center speakers, any advice on this? I have a Sony Receiver.

Thanks!
I also found the rear speakers a little louder than most surround mixes. I found it a little distracting but then I lowered the level by 1.5 db. I found the mix very enjoyable after that change. I meant to go back and recheck my levels with a meter afterwards, but I never did, so I am not sure if it was my setup or the mix.

Great 5.1 mix, love the surround activity. As for the album I do prefer the previous two but this one has grown on me quite quickly, really love the final two tracks and how they sound in surround. Very happy to have ordered the CD+Blu-ray from CD Japan. I'd give the album a solid 8/10 and the surround mix 10/10.

No poll for this album as far as I know? It would deserve it, it's the best Jens Bogren surround mix I've ever heard, by far. He's becoming better and better, pretty close to typical SW standards with this release I think.

No poll for this album as far as I know? It would deserve it, it's the best Jens Bogren surround mix I've ever heard, by far. He's becoming better and better, pretty close to typical SW standards with this release I think.

I love the Blu-ray.. pity its a Japan only release..

Just picked up the cd/DVD version. Love it. Is there a poll for this one?

Yeah I could not find it either. Burning Shed just announced a new concert dvd/cd.... Release that looks really interesting.

No sorry. I can say that the red version I have is exceptional. I had not heard the band prior to purchasing the cd/DVD version but am now a big fan and will be looking to buy the new live concert coming out in the near future.

Back