Anathema-Distant Satellites(some mixed by Steven Wilson) June 9

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are these people really wanting us to hold back on buying their merchandise until it is released so we know what we are able to choose from? I'm furious over the EL&P debacle but annoyed that I preordered the CD+DVD version of Distant Satellites as I would have preferred a bluray over a DVD-V. These bastards will never learn. They have been screwing us over since we started buying their wares (the first, second or whatever time around) and now, while they are whining about their premature demise, they seem still to delight in screwing us over!:flame:mad::flame:mad:(n)

Last edited:
I agree completely. Will be firing off an email to Kscope today and I suggest others do the same. This is the 2nd Anathema release which has had problems.

Good idea,, have sent a email as well to kscope.
On a positive note for amazon.uk order I received 'Distant Satellites' in a record 3 days all the way to Canada, just got it yesterday, no chance to listen yet, hopefully tonight.

peter

I received the blu ray yesterday, very fast shipping from Japan! The music is very good, some eomgs similar to the latest albums and some with a bit more adventurous touch (electronic percussion/drums for example)

The 5.1 mix byJens Bogren.....

Is the best 5.1 I have heard from Jens. His mixes are getting better and better with each release. Very good use of the center and rears. Lead vocals in the center channel, harmony vocals in the rears. Orchestra also in the rear speakers with percussion and guitars. More detailed comments on the mix later on. Enjoying it too much at the moment :)

Last edited:
There is no real problem with the DVD. Full bit rate DTS, good surround mix. In stock at Amazon.de.

Completely missed this thread, have the Blu-ray en route now from CD Japan for US$39 shipped to North America, happy to see the 5.1 mix has more dynamics than the stereo cut although DR8 isnt' loudness wars poster child material.

The deluxe set is a beautiful piece of art, here some pictures, the outer slipcase
SSA43958.JPG

Getting nervous. After 2 weeks my blu-ray still hasn't arrived from Japan. Not sure how cdjapan handle missing items. Their website just says check with the post office. I know that's a complete waste of time!

Back