Anathema - Universal Live CD/DVD and Blu-Ray out in September 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Anathema are about to release a cd\dvd and stand alone BD live set,

Anathema has announced its most extensive North American tour in the band’s celebrated career with co-headliner Alcest and special guest Mamiffer.

Anathema has only performed twice as a full band in North America at the infamous Milwaukee Metal Fest 2000 and 2001, as well as supporting a few dates of Blackfield's 2011 tour as an acoustic duo. The fall 2013 co-headlining tour has the band visiting many cities in both the U.S. and Canada for the first time, beginning September 12 in Philadelphia.

The tour will also coincide with the release of Universal, a concert film on CD/DVD and Blu-ray directed by acclaimed photographer/filmmaker Lasse Hoile (Porcupine Tree, Opeth) out September 17, 2013 on Kscope. The audio / visual release captures a special one-off gig at the ancient Roman theatre of Philippopolis where the band was joined by the Plovdiv Philharmonic Orchestra.

The film and album capture the magic of this unique evening as the band started on its lengthy world tour in support of its most successful album, Weather Systems. Universal will be available as an audio visual CD/DVD and Blu-ray.

No tracklist or audio options are available yet. Anathema is a great live band, so this will be a recommended release.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see them live, but they're not going to have any shows anywhere near me. I guess I'll have to settle for the blu-ray.

header.gif

Anathema
September 21, 2013
Reggies Rock Club
Saturday 8:00 PM
Chicago

In the latest issue of Prog magazine is an advt from Kscope giving more details on this set. The ad says it will be available as a four disc mediabook, a cd&dvd-av media book and a BD. We know that in the past Kacope made some mistakes with naming dvdv as dvda, but with more recent releases they were correct. So this release s becoming more and more nteresting. Now if we ony had some tracklists :)

Burning Shed has a pre order page for the 4 disc edition, which is mail order only.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/product/272/4952/

Universal is a concert film by Lasse Hoile which superbly documents Anathema's one-off performance at the Ancient Roman Theatre of Phillippoplis with the Plovdiv Philharmonic Orchestra (orchestrated by Dave Stewart).

Presented in a generously illustrated dvd-sized media-book, this is a limited edition 4 disc version - 2cds, DVD and Blu-ray - which features bonus audio content and footage of the band recorded at the Union Chapel in London on the Blu-ray disc.

Pre-order for September 23rd release for an early bird price of £24.99

Standard and retail formats will be available closer to the release date.
DVD / Blu-ray (bonus content on Blu-ray only):

1. Untouchable, Part 1
2. Untouchable, Part 2
3. Thin Air
4. Dreaming Light
5. Lightning Song
6. The Storm Before the Calm
7. Everything
8. A Simple Mistake
9. The Beginning and the End
10. Universal
11. Closer
12. A Natural Disaster
13. Deep
14. One Last Goodbye
15. Flying
16. Fragile Dreams

Extras:

Encore From Plovdiv:

Panic
Emotional Winter / Wings of God
Internal Landscapes
Fragile Dreams

A Night At The Union Chapel:

Kingdom
Thin Air
Angels Walk Among Us
A Natural Disaster
Fragile Dreams

CD1:

1. Untouchable, Part 1
2. Untouchable, Part 2
3. Thin Air
4. Dreaming Light
5. Lightning Song
6. The Storm Before the Calm
7. Everything
8. A Simple Mistake
9. The Beginning and the End
10. Universal
11. Closer

CD2:

1. A Natural Disaster
2. Deep
3. One Last Goodbye
4. Flying
5. Fragile Dreams
6. Panic
7. Emotional Winter / Wings of God
8. Internal Landscapes
9. Fragile Dreams

Amazon UK has the single disc blu-ray on preorder now. Under 10 pounds! (Around 11 including shipping to Australia). Bargain!

I was watching some of the previews at kscope about this live album and then started watching other interviews and stuff from the same kscope on universal and weather systems and really getting excited about this release.
There sure is alot of good music both old and new coming out over the next few months.

I was watching some of the previews at kscope about this live album and then started watching other interviews and stuff from the same kscope on universal and weather systems and really getting excited about this release.

Yep, I am super excited about this release too. I'll probably order the single bluray edition as soon as it becomes available on amazon.ca or burning shed.

There sure is alot of good music both old and new coming out over the next few months.

No kidding. I can hardly keep track of everything I have pre-ordered. I am not complaining however. I don't recall such a big stream of 5.1 music being released in a very, very long time. It is a good time to be a surround music fan!

I had not heard any of their music prior to this disc being announced. Started to sample a few tracks then bought their We're Here Because We're Here DVD-A and their Weather Systems 5.1 Flac download from Burning Shed. Excellent stuff!

I had not heard any of their music prior to this disc being announced. Started to sample a few tracks then bought their We're Here Because We're Here DVD-A and their Weather Systems 5.1 Flac download from Burning Shed. Excellent stuff!

That's almost exactly what happened with me, my cousin around May this year sent me a sample of one track from Weather Systems and said he thought I'd like them, then I found out about the two 5.1 releases and purchased them, very glad to have discovered new good music. I might jump on that UK pre-order just in case it's more expensive when Amazon USA lists it.

Back