Anathema - Universal Live CD/DVD and Blu-Ray out in September 2013

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My copy arrived this morning and as the TV was on from watching the F1 qualifying I thought I'd watch the Blu-ray before listening to the CD - I normally do it the other way round for live albums for some inexplicable reason.

The picture and sound quality is great, but although its only stereo (LPCM, seems to be 24bit/96kHz) it doesn't detract from what is a great concert, the songs really work well with an orchestra. Great music & musicianship all round. The Union Chapel film isn't of the same picture or sound quality.

So thanks to Robert Van Diggele for pointing out the limited edition was selling fast.

You are welcome Duncan. Received the set today as well, sounds and looks very nice. :)

I watched this Bluray on the weekend, and it is fantastic. Yes, it is unfortunate that it is not 5.1, but the vast majority of concerts do not have a very discreet 5.1 mix anyways. So, I honestly did not miss it much. The picture and sound quality are fantastic, as is the performance, so if you are a fan of Anathema's music at all, do not hesitate to buy this.

I little disappointed with stereo only. With the performance and video, this could have been reference material. Opportunity missed...Where's Steven Wilson when you need him? ;)

Back