Bill Bruford in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe we, as a community will need to be much more cautious about ambiguous discs going forward and get details out of the label before placing orders.
Maybe that is the only way to stop this DD-only madness, if enough of the copies sit unpurchased.

It’s a nice thought, but the issue is that so many people at these labels who work on these releases are utterly clueless to the kind of things we care about.
For example, Esoteric have been labeling all of the Barclay James Harvest releases as DVD-A when they are actually DVD-V. I have thought about trying to instruct them to their mistake and try and get them to fix it, but I figured it would be pointless as they just would not understand. It’s like I would be speaking Greek when they only understand French, lol

This hobby is both awesome and frustrating but in this instance, since we have been given DD DVDs, I have decided that I do not need this box set. If it were better music (for me) that would maybe be different, but all in all, I don’t need this, so I’m gonna return or resell this box and use the money towards the Atmos releases, “Eye in the Sky”, and the SW mix of “A Farewell to Kings”. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want a copy of this release VERY MUCH. I have an order in with ImportCDs: I placed on Sept 24th. I don't know if they have any or whatever. Keeping my eyes ears and hopes up. :lookaround

Totally agree, EB. Whenever a DVD has a DD or EVEN DTS 5.1 remaster and INCLUDES a LOSSLESS STEREO 96/24 remaster, the LOSSLESS wins out EVERY TIME [and this includes the TULLs or even Monster Music's DTS 5.1 titles]. And the difference isn't subtle but quite dramatic [AND DYNAMIC].

Because you compared them double blind and level-matched, naturally. :rolleyes:

Anybody else order this from Amazon (US) only to be disappointed when it failed to arrive on Friday (and with no new release date)?

Anybody else order this from Amazon (US) only to be disappointed when it failed to arrive on Friday (and with no new release date)?

No, but I ordered from ImportCD, and at the time I ordered...it was not called backordered. But now, it's backordered....and I don't have any info on ship date. Sounds like the same issues. I truly wish that if they have a damn title listed as pre-order...and your order goes through, that they don't then change it to backorder 2 weeks later. I don't even know what that means. does it mean they may not get it at all? Or, their allotment is simply delayed? I asked them, and their answer was very vague and really didn't answer my direct question.

No, but I ordered from ImportCD, and at the time I ordered...it was not called backordered. But now, it's backordered....and I don't have any info on ship date. Sounds like the same issues. I truly wish that if they have a damn title listed as pre-order...and your order goes through, that they don't then change it to backorder 2 weeks later. I don't even know what that means. does it mean they may not get it at all? Or, their allotment is simply delayed? I asked them, and their answer was very vague and really didn't answer my direct question.

Thank you. That might suggest that the issue is not vendor-specific.

The box was described as limited and burning shed hold Bill Brufords official store. Not sure how many sold throgh
B S but I assume close to the limited run which was 2000 I think.

Yes only a run of 2000, I got mine through Burning Shed and have No.1259

The box was described as limited and burning shed hold Bill Brufords official store. Not sure how many sold throgh

So, if they got close to the limited run of 2000, how many of that 2000 did other vendors get? 10, 20, 50, 100, 500??
If ImportCD have failed me.....I may get an attitude. I ordered the first day they offered it.

If anyone in the US is concerned about their order being fulfilled, once I receive my box set I will offer it for sale on here for the price I paid for it. (~$85)
Free shipping to anyone in the US, and I'm only offering it to US residents.

:)

If anyone in the US is concerned about their order being fulfilled, once I receive my box set I will offer it for sale on here for the price I paid for it. (~$85)
Free shipping to anyone in the US, and I'm only offering it to US residents.

:)

I sent you a PM, though I realize you may want to secure a sale before I find out if I get my copy....which I understand. :)

I've managed to listen to "Feels Good To Me" today. I like the surround mix, I find it engaging and suits the music, and I like the music (though not all of the vocals!). On the sound quality its not bad at all, its DD so I always find the mid-range 'a bit muddled', it would have been a lot better with DTS or PCM. So I would say that the DD isn't terrible (I've heard worse), and it is from an old recording, but at the end of the day its the music which happens to have a nice 5.1 mix that counts with me. I wouldn't sell the set, but it is down to personal preference.

DuncanS. Have you had a chance to listen to your copy. I have one on the the way from BS. I’m hoping for some more positive reviews to help me to decide to keep or sale. Thanks

Thanks for the review. I love Feels Good To Me. I would have preferred DTS, but having it in surround is the main thing. I enjoy In the Land of the Grey and Pink. So DD will have to do. I’m going to open the set when I receive mine.

Back