Bill Bruford in surround!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love this band too much and was fortunate enough to see them once, that I can’t see myself throwing it back. Just wish it would get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never got to see them, neither did my younger brother who was a huge fan of theirs (& UK who he did get to see, and I didn't!).

I love this band too much and was fortunate enough to see them once, that I can’t see myself throwing it back. Just wish it would get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Bill Bruford's facebook page, they are doing another run of the (presumably sold out) box set, which will be on sale until the end of November.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/billbruford/

At Burning Shed and Pledge Music:

https://burningshed.com/store/billbruford/bruford_feels-like-a-lifetime-ago_boxset
https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/bruford-seems-like-a-lifetime-ago

As an aside, I remember seeing an interview with Rush (on one of their dvds/blurays, possibly Beyond the Lighted Stage, possibly not), around the time of Hemispheres I think, where they were saying that their current favourite band was Bruford, and that was what they were listening to at the time. Not that the 2 bands sounded remotely similar though!

its a shame this release is so limited.. its already sold out once so undoubtedly demand is there beyond the initial print run.. and now its having a one month only 2nd run seemingly limited by time rather than limited in quantity? is it a rights issue that is only permitting a v.short time extension before those rights lapse?

i mean, the label can only sell every copy they make and then that's it, once it goes out of print the artist and label make nothing out of after sales on the used market etc.

isn't this set something that would continue to sell if it were to be kept in print for a longer period?

sorry to go off on one, i realise this is not a new phenomenon for us here.. but its come up yet again, the handling of some music releases seems a bit headscratching to me sometimes. i missed out on the 1st print run of this set and since i now have other stuff to budget for in the run up to Christmas for something that won't arrive until next year i can't justify tying up money on it now sadly so i guess i'll miss out on it all over again! this is happening quite a lot these days, if you don't get in there you don't get it at all. boo hoo!

From Bill Bruford's facebook page, they are doing another run of the (presumably sold out) box set, which will be on sale until the end of November.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/billbruford/

At Burning Shed and Pledge Music:

https://burningshed.com/store/billbruford/bruford_feels-like-a-lifetime-ago_boxset
https://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/bruford-seems-like-a-lifetime-ago

As an aside, I remember seeing an interview with Rush (on one of their dvds/blurays, possibly Beyond the Lighted Stage, possibly not), around the time of Hemispheres I think, where they were saying that their current favourite band was Bruford, and that was what they were listening to at the time. Not that the 2 bands sounded remotely similar though!

still selling as dvd-a. :(

Good to see the are doing another run, fo those who missed out on the intial pressing.

I wonder if Import CD's is ever going get this. Perhaps I should cancel and go through The Shed.

Believe me - I have the same concerns. I have now sent them 3 emails trying to get some info. Each email, they totally ignore my questions.....but simply keep saying, when they get it they will ship it. I'm starting to dislike their customer service. Or whatever that is called when you email them....

I never get the run-around when I email Bull Moose, nor Burning Shed. Ever....

My third email to them, asking the same exact questions...

I'm looking for more specific answers. Am I guaranteed to get Seems Like A Lifetime Ago from you?
Is there a chance you will not get any copies for those that pre-ordered early?

and their response....

Unfortunately we have not received our shipment for Seems Like A Lifetime Ago (IMPORT)-Bill Bruford, therefore we can not complete your order. As soon as we receive our shipment we will send it out. We apologize for the inconveinence this may casue you.

I know, I know - but it sure feels like these are generic answers and are not a "person" typing. Which annoys the hell out of me. Though, they didn't spell inconvenience correctly...LOL, so I guess it is a "person"

My third email to them, asking the same exact questions...

I'm looking for more specific answers. Am I guaranteed to get Seems Like A Lifetime Ago from you?
Is there a chance you will not get any copies for those that pre-ordered early?

and their response....

Unfortunately we have not received our shipment for Seems Like A Lifetime Ago (IMPORT)-Bill Bruford, therefore we can not complete your order. As soon as we receive our shipment we will send it out. We apologize for the inconveinence this may casue you.

I know, I know - but it sure feels like these are generic answers and are not a "person" typing. Which annoys the hell out of me. Though, they didn't spell inconvenience correctly...LOL, so I guess it is a "person"

Or the guy typing the automated response couldn't spell!! I am torn....my Import CD's price is 23 bucks cheaper. That 23 dollars will seem like nothing to me if I don't end up getting a set though!

I know it won't, but hopefully the second run will be DVD-A.

Apologises if it was posted before but did anybody listen to the 5.1 mixes already? If so and despite the DD, how are them?

For those of you musing on whether to purchase it, this is from today's Burning Shed Newsletter email.

Bruford
Seems Like A Lifetime Ago (6cd/2dvd-a box set pre-order)

Due to unprecedented demand, Winterfold Records will be making the special edition of the Bruford boxed set Seems Like A Lifetime Ago 1977-1980 available again for a very limited amount of time.

The set will be available for pre-order from now until November 30th 2017, after which time no further orders will be taken. The new orders will ship in January 2018.

These boxes will include a signed/numbered certificate.

No apologies here...César is much nicer than I am regarding this....

Come on guys...how's the mix?????

Was it at least worth it????

Finally cancelled with Import CD's...no hassle...and ordered through Burning Shed. I know myself...I am not a Bruford mega fan by any means but not having this release would haunt me until I paid double the price for a used copy years from now!

I don't normally post 'mine just shipped!' posts and progress updates -- really, who cares? -- but I'll share this crazy one. I live in New York. My Burning Shed order arrived in NYC by air several days ago...went through customs there...then went via USPS (good ol' US Postal Service) to Connecticut...then to New Jersey...then to Pennsylvania..then to *West Virginia*...and is only today showing as being on its way back to New York. :mad:@:

I don't normally post 'mine just shipped!' posts and progress updates -- really, who cares? -- but I'll share this crazy one. I live in New York. My Burning Shed order arrived in NYC by air several days ago...went through customs there...then went via USPS (good ol' US Postal Service) to Connecticut...then to New Jersey...then to Pennsylvania..then to *West Virginia*...and is only today showing as being on its way back to New York. :mad:@:
They must have dropped my package off in Connecticut as they came passing through because mine arrived today.

Who cares...mine hasn't been delivered yet!:D

My copy arrived today :banana::banana:

Listened to One of a Kind in 5.1 so far, and the mix is really good. Dave Stewart plays so many keyboards that it' really nice to hear them separated. Noticing some details I've not heard before.

The box itself is really nice. The book is really detailed an thorough. This really is a deluxe box (y)

Back