Billy Joel - Piano Man 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition (Mch SACD of Quad mix from Sony Japan)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today too. Alarm goes off early tomorrow so I haven't checked out the whole thing but the few tracks I listened to sound great.

The only complaint I have at first glance (and I kinda expected that this might be the case) is that the DVD is region locked (Region 2). So I can't play it on the ol' Oppo. Plays fine on the Mac though. Nice to have some selections from the old 1976 Bill Joel Tonight concert officially released.

Got mine today too. Alarm goes off early tomorrow so I haven't checked out the whole thing but the few tracks I listened to sound great.

The only complaint I have at first glance (and I kinda expected that this might be the case) is that the DVD is region locked (Region 2). So I can't play it on the ol' Oppo. Plays fine on the Mac though. Nice to have some selections from the old 1976 Bill Joel Tonight concert officially released.
The older DVD ripping software I used was able to easily remove region code, and I’d burn a new DVD-R that could play in my US player.

Last edited:
The Piano Man has arrived
1000007759.jpg

1000007761.jpg

As ever, superb packaging.

Best service ever from CDJapan. This is a really nice release. Ripped the DVD to my media player hard drive in order to play it.
Here's what is on the DVD:
Piano Man - 1974 Original Music Video
Piano Man - Official Music Video
Piano Man - Live from Billy Joel Tonight - Connecticut 1976
You're My Home - Live from Billy Joel Tonight
The Ballad Of Billy The Kid - Live from Billy Joel Tonight
Captain Jack - Live from Billy Joel Tonight
Ain't No Crime - Old Grey Whistle Test 1978
You're My Home - Live at Sparks 1981
Piano Man - Live in Long Island 1982
The Ballad Of Billy The Kid - Live from River of Dreams Tour 1994
Everybody Loves You Now - Official Video 1971

Last edited:
My copy turned up this afternoon, and I just tried the DVD expecting it not to play in the UK, I was surprised when it did! But then I realised Japanese discs are Region 2 so will also play in Europe. Then I came on line and saw you guys in the US were having issues. They should have made it Region 0/ALL, but I suppose its a Japan only release - though they must have known we'd all buy it.

Are the vocals in "You're My Home" still buried?
Compared to the SQ LP version I have; I'd say pretty similar, yes. However the discreteness overall is excellent compared to the old analog SQ, as we would expect.

Poll Thread coming up?

The cover is very difficult to scan, at least on my printer/scanner.

YOU'RE MY HOME BJPM SACD.jpg

folder.jpg

In the listing, it said that the bonus DVD is region 2. Are people in U.S. able to play it?
If you have an OPPO BDP-95/103/105 or UDP-203/205 this small app will remove DVD region restrictions (has no effect on Blu-ray region lock).
It was issued by OPPO for Australia but also works with US models.

It worked perfectly on my UDP-205.

https://archive.org/details/oppo_superdisc

Back