Bruce Soord - new solo album “Luminescence” coming September 22! (2CD/5.1 DVD, Atmos streaming & digital download)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up with a price of 121$CA for a couple of CDs, DVDs. Why do audio listeners want to pay for a book? Might as well looks at some photos on the Internet.

I had the immense pleasure of play testing this release for Bruce a few months back. The surround mix of both the main album and the "bonus disc", which is actually more like a complete second album in it's own right are exactly what we have come to expect from Bruce; discrete, dynamic, fully immersive and very high quality.

The album itself is very much in the same vein as the single; pretty laid back and perfect for late night listening. The second disc is more like his earlier solo and Pineapple Thief work, and it could (IMHO) easily have worked as a double album.

As usual, I play tested the 5.1, before Bruce created the Atmos mix for streaming, so I'm very interested in any feedback from anyone who's streamed the single for Atmos playback.

I had the immense pleasure of play testing this release for Bruce a few months back. The surround mix of both the main album and the "bonus disc", which is actually more like a complete second album in it's own right are exactly what we have come to expect from Bruce; discrete, dynamic, fully immersive and very high quality.

The album itself is very much in the same vein as the single; pretty laid back and perfect for late night listening. The second disc is more like his earlier solo and Pineapple Thief work, and it could (IMHO) easily have worked as a double album.

As usual, I play tested the 5.1, before Bruce created the Atmos mix for streaming, so I'm very interested in any feedback from anyone who's streamed the single for Atmos playback.
The single is good, good song and a good Atmos mix. :)

Just listened back to the newly-finalized Atmos mix and man, I'm really excited for people to hear this one - these have to be some of Bruce's most beautiful compositions to date, especially "Instant Flash Of Light" and the closing track "Find Peace". The mix is amazing and strikes a nice balance between the 'bubble of sound' effect, where things kind of float between the speakers (lead vocals seem to hover right in front of your face), and totally discrete placements. I like it better than the dedicated 5.1 version.

Barring any unforeseen complications, it looks like the TrueHD/Atmos MKV download option will be available on release day :)

Just listened back to the newly-finalized Atmos mix and man, I'm really excited for people to hear this one - these have to be some of Bruce's most beautiful compositions to date, especially "Instant Flash Of Light" and the closing track "Find Peace". The mix is amazing and strikes a nice balance between the 'bubble of sound' effect, where things kind of float between the speakers (lead vocals seem to hover right in front of your face), and totally discrete placements. I like it better than the dedicated 5.1 version.

Barring any unforeseen complications, it looks like the TrueHD/Atmos MKV download option will be available on release day :)
I suppose the whole album will be on Apple Music too? Listened to the single and it's really good. :)

Just listened back to the newly-finalized Atmos mix and man, I'm really excited for people to hear this one - ....... (lead vocals seem to hover right in front of your face), and totally discrete placements. I like it better than the dedicated 5.1 version.

I have a similar feeling (vocals right in front your face) with some Atmos mixes, when the discrete channel content goes only to the 'Wides' instead of the 'Fronts'. You get a different 'stereo' image than the one from the fronts. Not sure if the 'Wides' only content is played only in the Fronts in a 7.1.4 system of if it is imaged betweeen fronts and sides. I would have to test in my Denon, but currently lazy about reconfiguring it just to test.

Waiting for the 'TrueHD/Atmos MKV download option' :love:

I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable music head but I had never heard of PT until I joined QQ earlier this year. I didn't know who Bruce was until I watched a relevant Life In Surround vid. I just bought the recent PT box set so I'll be digesting that for a LONG time before getting to any solo output. That said, I'm enjoying what I've heard! 😀

It will be available to purchase in .MKV (TrueHD/Atmos) format on ImmersiveAudioAlbum.com tomorrow :)

Will there be a 5.1 download as well?
If not will the MKV Atmos file still sound better on a 5.1/7.1 system verses the 5.1 off the dvd.
Still trying to decide what to get.

peter

Back