Bruce Soord - new solo album “Luminescence” coming September 22! (2CD/5.1 DVD, Atmos streaming & digital download)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then I recommend that you visit the IAA website and buy the Atmos download. It’ll cost you less than a cup of coffee and a small confection at Starbucks.
I don't do downloads either as I have not found a way to play them from my Oppo 105. As long as I can play it from AM, I'm happy.

I don't do downloads either as I have not found a way to play them from my Oppo 105. As long as I can play it from AM, I'm happy.
Simply put the download onto a usb stick or a hard drive plug it into the Oppo usb front or back and it will play, that’s how I play all my downloads/ rips from a 4gb hard drive plugged into Oppo 105

Simply put the download onto a usb stick or a hard drive plug it into the Oppo usb front or back and it will play, that’s how I play all my downloads/ rips from a 4gb hard drive plugged into Oppo 105
I tried their test file, but it didn't work and will not use any more time on this matter. But as I said before, I do not see any reason to pay for downloads when I can listen to them on AM. I'm retired and have to spend my funds wisely. ;) The quality is good enough for my ageing ears.👂👂

I tried their test file, but it didn't work and will not use any more time on this matter. But as I said before, I do not see any reason to pay for downloads when I can listen to them on AM. I'm retired and have to spend my funds wisely. ;) The quality is good enough for my ageing ears.👂👂
Understood. I just want to put it out for others who might be interested: the Dolby Atmos download of Luminescence is only $15.99.

Actually, I was so excited about this release when I ordered, I thought it was a BD with an Atmos mix. When I received the package and noticed the DVD, I was surprised. Knowing now there is an Atmos mix, I’m even more surprised that a BD instead of a DVD wasn’t included with this set. All the same, the 5.1 mix is very good, but it’s the music that counts here, which is superb.

This album is amazing and my second favorite so far of 2023. Is there a download anywhere for disc 2, "Our Ship Sails at Dusk" in Atmos or just stereo? My package got lost in shipping and they're waiting an entire month to ship it again and I'm dying to hear it.

You’re right! He would need about 6 million streams.
I would really like to see a cost calculation of streaming, selling physical media, or selling download, cost of production and what the artist get from it.
It is interesting that some smaller (I think of selling records) acts do offer 5.1 or even Atmos downloads (Pineapple Thief, Rob Reed, ...) while big acts don't. But those you can stream.:unsure:

This album is amazing and my second favorite so far of 2023. Is there a download anywhere for disc 2, "Our Ship Sails at Dusk" in Atmos or just stereo? My package got lost in shipping and they're waiting an entire month to ship it again and I'm dying to hear it.
I believe there is just an Atmos mix available for the main album at www.immersiveaudioalbum.com

This album is amazing and my second favorite so far of 2023.
Agreed, I don't know what your #1 is but for me this guy may be my #1. ;)

Is there a download anywhere for disc 2, "Our Ship Sails at Dusk" in Atmos
Sadly not that I know of but it does upsample awesomely with Dolby Surround. :)

After living with this release for a few months I find the Our Ship Sails at Dusk more engaging than the main album.
Me too.
It's great to have an extra add-on that improves the product more than double. Good 5.1 mix, but if it were Atmos, like main album, it would be tripple improvement.

Back