Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order is still active at JPC. Not going to cancel now.

ship.gif

What am I missing here guys?
They are saying it's not going to be available for the foreseeable future yet you don't want to cancel your order.

Are you afraid it will be so limited when it is finally released that you will miss it and not get a copy?
Are you hoping that by leaving your order in that it will force them to release it?
Or is it just a combination of optimism and/or obstinacy?

Trust me, I understand if it's that last one because my Amazon order for the permanently put on hold Jimi Hendrix blu-ray is still "active" insofar that I've never cancelled it. But it's not costing me anything to do so... so WTH?

Last edited:
What am I missing here guys?
They are saying it's not going to be available for the foreseeable future yet you don't want to cancel your order.

Are you afraid it will be so limited when it is finally released that you will miss it and not get a copy?
Are you hoping that by leaving your order in that it will force them to release it?
Or is it just a combination of optimism and/or obstinacy?

Trust me, I understand if it's that last one because my Amazon order for the permanently put on hold Jimi Hendrix blu-ray is still "active" insofar that I've never cancelled it. But it's not costing me anything to do so... so WTH?
When it was announced it was a fantastic price for such a huge set, I assume if people cancel then it gets released somewhere down the line for a much higher price then they would lose by having to pay a hell of a lot more

When it was announced it was a fantastic price for such a huge set, I assume if people cancel then it gets released somewhere down the line for a much higher price then they would lose by having to pay a hell of a lot more
Thank you madscot.
I didn’t think a price was set. I even asked in post #146 but no one answered.
That makes sense even though I doubt they will honor it if it ends up being inaccurate.

Thank you madscot.
I didn’t think a price was set. I even asked in post #146 but no one answered.
That makes sense even though I doubt they will honor it if it ends up being inaccurate.
I’m fairly sure it was in the region of £170 in British money, amazing value for 27 cd’s and 5 blu-rays

My JPC order is still active for Oct 27 release:

Ordered on: 17.04.2023
Total: : 106,71 Euro
Order No.: 9xxxxxxx
details
open
Camel: Air Born - The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984
  • Air Born - The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984
  • Order number: 11454621
  • Quantity: 1
  • Unit price: 106,71 Euro
  • Total: : 106,71 Euro
  • Release date: 27.10.2023
  • Der Artikel wird am angegebenen Datum veröffentlicht.

My order is still active on my JPC account, with a status of open and release date of 10/27/2023, but the listing for it on the site says it's no longer available and is not orderable. I found it on a couple of other obscure sites which said it was no longer available. If I had to guess, it's been shelved. We'll need to see what JPC does with these orders after 10/27.

If the mixes and production work really do exist, we can only hope they get released at some point, and not for outrageous money.
I wouldn't count on that....there were completed mixes that never saw the light of day...not just a few either

Back