Camel – Air Born: The MCA & Decca Years 1973-1984 (box set with 5 albums in 5.1 on blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I preordered long long time ago. Now I'm pleased to read that SWT did the 5.1 mixes. And I think lossless on those BDAs. If there is no Atmos just stick with the 5.1 mix. As I've no Atmos setup right now.
And I will retire my Penteo upmixes soon...:ROFLMAO:

Going by the current jpc.de price, each blu-ray, if you only buy the box set for them, will cost you 32 euros. That’s a reasonable price for a stand alone. And you get 27 CDs and a book for free!
Excellent post and i agree about this being great value. I think we've gotten a bit spoiled lately. The fact that a box set with Blu-Ray's, with 5.1 mixes done by Stephen, for a band on the level of Camel (and I'm a big fan!) Is even being produced is mind blowing to me. A few years ago I would have thought this nearly impossible. Throw in a book and the bonus tracks and whats not to love here???? 5.1 mixes are still fantastic and we all trust that Stephen nailed these so instant buy for me.

Nope, not right. I just ordered, and total came to $151.36. I use Paypal option of 4 equal payments every 2 weeks. Love that! Easier to absorb that way.
What am I missing GOS?
I go to JPC.de and see EUR 159.99 (Euros I assume). Then I go to google and pull up a Euro to Dollar converter and enter 159.99. The result I get back is $168.80.

• Wow
Reactions: GOS
as so often happens there were missing multitracks for those albums - but I doubt we could have managed them all anyway - timewise and budgetwise!!!
Happy with the 5.1 selections - Nude is a classic that doesn’t get as much recognition as the 70’s run of albums. Adding rain dances 5.1 would have ticked all the boxes for me. Looking forward to hearing these.
Mr Taylor, Any 5.1 or stereo revelations you’d like to share from digging into this set?

When you add it to your cart, the price adjusts down to what I said.
I wonder if that price includes the ubiquitous VAT and when it sees a US address that VAT gets removed and the price drops. That's that only thing I can come up with.
Thanks for your reply,
That's right: they deduct the VAT once they know your shipping address. (And jpc.de's shipping is cheap!)

Going by the current jpc.de price, each blu-ray, if you only buy the box set for them, will cost you 32 euros. That’s a reasonable price for a stand alone. And you get 27 CDs and a book for free!
I was thinking the same way, but there are only 3 Blu Rays with the 5.1 mixes. And then there is the problem with limited space where to store it in my case.

These mixes were completed quite some time ago when Atmos didn't have such a profile as it has acquired more recently, and if we had either the request or the budget to do that the set would never have been finished!!! The planning had been going on for quite some time and I had finished most of it two years ago!!
I remember clearly that maybe around that time you mentioned having some very exciting project or projects of which you couldn't talk about. Back then I knew you only from your excellent Be-bop Deluxe mixes. One of the exciting projects turned out to be the VdGG releases, so I thought that was it and I never imagined this. I am a huge fan of Camel and I have written somewhere about this being a dream come true. Ordered from JPC immediately after someone posted it here.

When I first joined this forum I said my fantasy 5.1 album would be Moonmadness, for me one of the greatest albums of all time and absolutely perfect for pingponging around the speakers. Patiently waiting for a UK retailer to start accepting pre-orders

Back