Chicago Quadio - 9 Quad Albums on Blu-ray Audio.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Ryan!
Yes, Craig did a great job on these discs. Love not having to turn the TV on to listen to these.
Bill Inglot needs a shout out as well for finding the Quad tapes for III & VIII. The Quad master for III was actually still at Sony in New York - it never got turned over to the band when they got their masters from Columbia.
This project was very much a group effort.

Thanks Ryan!
Yes, Craig did a great job on these discs. Love not having to turn the TV on to listen to these.
Bill Inglot needs a shout out as well for finding the Quad tapes for III & VIII. The Quad master for III was actually still at Sony in New York - it never got turned over to the band when they got their masters from Columbia.

That's interesting, and I'm glad it did not just get "lost" like it sometimes happens. That Bill was able to follow the bread crumbs back to Sony NY and find III is amazing. But he knows his way around tape vaults and is known as the best in the business in that regard.

Bill Inglot's work with Rhino over the years has resulted in hundreds of amazing releases and I'm not surprised that his expertise was a key element in the making of this magnificent set. Please give him our sincere thanks. For anybody who has yet to hear his amazing Stereo remixes of Dionne Warwick's best songs, treat yourselves to this compilation which will make your system shine.

Thanks Ryan!

Wow.. Sony still had the Chicago III Quad mastertapes!
Was the Quad master for VIII with Sony, too?

The Quad (and unreleased 5.1) riches Warner (and Sony) must hold in their vaults.. I wonder if the decision makers at Warner (and Sony & Universal) realise there is a finite time in which they could monetise their Quad catalogues.

Many thanks to you and all the talented people involved in the creation of this stunning Quadio set. Exemplary job all round.

More of the same please, Dr. Rhino! :eek:
(The Doobies' Quads would be a great follow-up Quadio box release! Hint hint! :) )

Thanks Ryan!

Fascinating! So many great projects have had issues or have never come to fruition because of missing tapes, so good on Bill for finding the missing pieces!
I should also add that the box itself was very well-designed! It's so nice having all of the original paraphernelia that came with the vinyl releases, and the Quadio blurb on the back side was a lovely touch as well!
First class from every angle! :)

The Chicago Quadio set was a crazy idea that miraculously got the green light from the head of WMG Catalog. I'm still stunned it came into being.

I forgot to mention this yesterday and I hope you return to the forum because I wanted to say how excited we are about the upcoming Fleetwood Mac Mirage Set with the surround included!..I'm not sure if you are involved with this project but I wanted you to know that any Fleetwood mac albums that would get the surround treatment will be well received by the surround community. Tango in the Night would be an awesome selection.

I forgot to mention this yesterday and I hope you return to the forum because I wanted to say how excited we are about the upcoming Fleetwood Mac Mirage Set with the surround included!..I'm not sure if you are involved with this project but I wanted you to know that any Fleetwood mac albums that would get the surround treatment will be well received by the surround community. Tango in the Night would be an awesome selection.

That said, an expensive box with only one surround disc, and DTS at that, does alienate some of us. A lossless DVD-A or Bluray would reel more in. A stand-alone surround disc would appeal to yet more - or at least packaged with only a couple of CDs or something - no scarves, no marbles, no vinyl, etc.
I'm excited for everybody who is excited about the Fleetwood Mac boxes, but I won't be buying any unless they cram far less in to them and bring the prices down.

Not to mention that the 1975 album ("Fleetwood Mac") already has a completed surround mix that has yet to be released. :)

Not to mention that the 1975 album ("Fleetwood Mac") already has a completed surround mix that has yet to be released. :)

That's true and if Rhino/Warner has control of THEN PLAY ON and Rhino wasn't interested in using that title Marshal Bronstein(Audio Fidelity) would likely be interested...he mentioned(in an interview I posted) that was one of the titles he would like to release if he could..

That's true and if Rhino/Warner has control of THEN PLAY ON and Rhino wasn't interested in using that title Marshal Bronstein(Audio Fidelity) would likely be interested...he mentioned(in an interview I posted) that was one of the titles he would like to release if he could..

That would just be stereo-only then if Audio Fidelity released it, but if Warner/Rhino aren't planning to do anything else with it (besides the CD reissue that came out a few years ago) then let 'em have it! :)

Chicago Quadio is about the finest box set I've ever purchased, bar none. So much bang for the buck, done perfectly, with high resolution and unbrickwalled audio it's a joy to listen to. Kudo's to Rhino and Steve and whoever else got this thing off the ground.

If ForagingRhino comes back, would you please take note that Blu Ray Audio is the best way to travel and try and stop Warner from releasing DVDs for their random surround projects? To me it makes a noticeable difference, especially if you have the proper equipment to play it back.

Bill Inglot's work with Rhino over the years has resulted in hundreds of amazing releases and I'm not surprised that his expertise was a key element in the making of this magnificent set. Please give him our sincere thanks. For anybody who has yet to hear his amazing Stereo remixes of Dionne Warwick's best songs, treat yourselves to this compilation which will make your system shine.

Thanks for the heads up on this, Simon. Just ordered a copy. LOVE Dionne. Saw her live twice back in the day.

Recently discovered this cool video from the "Chicago in the Rockies" TV Special of the band performing "Tired of Being Alone" with Al Green.

[video=youtube;fH37jdpuCTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH37jdpuCTs&spfreload=10[/video]

:)

Back