"CLOSE TO THE EDGE" Pre-Release Rambling

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, yo , Imachine!, what have you got against "Relayer"????
It's a freakin' classic!!! I bet a lot of members here (if not MOST) would LOVE to have it in 5.1!!!!!
Also, give "Tormato" a chance (was listening to it the other day and it's MUCH better than what I remember), I'm sure that a Proper SW rework would do MAGIC to it...

There must be some misunderstanding....
I agreed to the early voting misbehaviour.

I don't agree to the negative reaction relating Relayer.
As I wrote in an older post Relayer, Tales or Going for the One would be my next wishes.

4. Some people here need to grow a sense of humor and relax. Especially the guy who was highly critical of anybody voting already (vote was largely based on the wonderful review of our dear friend Johnnie U. AND the fact that we all know/trust/love the team of SW&NW that they will always deliver nothing less than perfection. Two facts which our excessively judgmental friend missed completely in his tirade.) Dude: By any chance are you the duke of Kent? ;)

Actually, those were two "facts" which I addressed in my perfectly reasonable and fair post, by which I stand. I'm intrigued though by this Duke Of Kent business. Are you saying that in real life I look like one of the Romanovs? That's about the only thing I associate with the Duke of Kent. Please do elaborate.

Kap'n Krunch, those comments about Relayer and Tormato were mine. I was disappointed by both albums when I first bought them on vinyl in the 70s. Decades later, having assumed I'd been too harsh on them, I re-bought both on CD and felt exactly the same sense of let down again. It's just a personal opinion, and doesn't of course mean to say that there's nothing good on them.

New thread from the ashes of the Poll thread. Continue to your hearts content.

And to Dennis: HOLY CRAP!! Glad you and your wife are OK. Thankfully the airbag did the job. There was a lot of controversy when those were first introduced, but the do the job for the most part. They do pack quite a punch, though, as does the pressure of the seat beat/shoulder strap when there's an impact! YIKES

Kewl. :banana: This is my chance to get in a few quickies:

1. Life is short. Be happy, lest you find you have something to really fret about. I survived quite a big medical situation this year and my wife almost got killed in a car wreck last night. Thank God for airbags. Life is in fact very short, be happy even if you have to force yourself.

2. I think cement is more interesting than most people think.

3. The new live Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited II DVD is a dream come true. It is like the Genesis boys are all back. The tunes are note perfect and the singer does an A+ performance. Super's Ready is magic.

4. Some people here need to grow a sense of humor and relax. Especially the guy who was highly critical of anybody voting already (vote was largely based on the wonderful review of our dear friend Johnnie U. AND the fact that we all know/trust/love the team of SW&NW that they will always deliver nothing less than perfection. Two facts which our excessively judgmental friend missed completely in his tirade.) Dude: By any chance are you the duke of Kent? ;)

5. I just got the new Tull 5.1 SW/NW production. The old Tull blues based stuff doesn't work for me anymore, but I bought it cause Good Sir Otto from Canada promised he would buy the new YES in support of multi-channel, so I am returning the good will. Can't wait for War Child, Songs From The Wood & PP & Too Old To Rock-N-Roll... in 5.1.

6. Steve Hackett should expand his tour to do complete Genesis albums on different nights and do all the Genesis records he played on.

7. Thank God for airbags in cars. Please always use your seat belt and drive safely. Its not a joke.

Good to hear you and your wife are ok!! Stay safe.

Relayer is an extremely overlooked masterpiece....
You guys are not getting it...that's fine...you'll get it if/when it comes out on 5.1

1. Life is short. Be happy, lest you find you have something to really fret about. I survived quite a big medical situation this year and my wife almost got killed in a car wreck last night. Thank God for airbags. Life is in fact very short, be happy even if you have to force yourself.

7. Thank God for airbags in cars. Please always use your seat belt and drive safely. Its not a joke.

I am also glad that your wife is ok and you as well, thank God in deed as you have stated life is short here on earth.

About you other points, glad to see your report about Steve Hacket Dvd, is it fine even though I think its DD 5.1?
I am also picking up the Jethro Tull's as a support to 5.1 as never was a big fan, can appreciate their stuff but they don't get much airplay for me as have other favorites which I am sure the Yes will be once finally getting it.

I'm glad to hear you & your wife are Ok. I can vouch for seatbelts & airbags, the airbag saved me as well.

Oh and keep up the humour, you made me chuckle about the Transatlantic sessions!

DuncanS, Failed Muso, Peterzach, Proufo, KapN, Robert van Diggele, Johnnie U.,jefe1...

All of you are beautiful. I mean that from my heart. Thanks. :D

@JonU: Yes airbags aren't perfect, my wife is a little banged up, but it would have been unthinkable had the seatbelts and airbags not been there...

@Caspersozza:

The Duke of Kent reference was a line from the wonderful English TV series "Fawlty Towers". I'm afraid all you lot get from me are Monty Python(and associated characters) references. Some seem to like it, though some I am sure, want me tared & feathered. :mad:@:

I am a person who is literally lucky to be alive so I celebrate that through silly Monty Python References & logical positivism, and on rare occasion(I only have done this once in my life) early voting on a 5.1 SW/NW production, though I did have a large "heads-up" from a handsome Yank in Connecticut... So.... I didn't really think it was "that" early. :rolleyes: Sorry if I put you off. I think the two other votes were authentic as they were from folks who heard a pre-release issue.

@KapN: You'll get no Relayer-hatin from me, amigo! I love that LP, just not the thin & bright sound of the recording. I can't wait until SW&NW work their magic on that!

@Peterzach: Dunno bout the Steve Hackett Genesis Revisted II 5.1, I played it in 2.0. I was so pleasantly shocked how all the artists came together, and I actually love the singer Steve Picked. His voice is fantastic and I LOVE his very subtle facial expressions & mannerisms. Beautiful use of the flute as well, and the bass player totes a doubleneck! I head the 5.1 mix is kinda basic & not discrete. That would have been too much to ask for I guess. ;)

2. I think cement is more interesting than most people think.

3. The new live Steve Hackett Genesis Revisited II DVD is a dream come true. It is like the Genesis boys are all back. The tunes are note perfect and the singer does an A+ performance. Super's Ready is magic.

5. I just got the new Tull 5.1 SW/NW production. The old Tull blues based stuff doesn't work for me anymore, but I bought it cause Good Sir Otto from Canada promised he would buy the new YES in support of multi-channel, so I am returning the good will. Can't wait for War Child, Songs From The Wood & PP & Too Old To Rock-N-Roll... in 5.1.

6. Steve Hackett should expand his tour to do complete Genesis albums on different nights and do all the Genesis records he played on.

Dennis, glad you and your wife both survived. It sure puts in perspective our grumblings about non important trivial matters, like where is the postman with Nonsuch, and where oh where is Close to the Edge. Definitely keep up your funny posts, I for one appreciate them, this forum needs light moments occasionally!

Steve Hackett at Hammersmith - glad you enjoyed this. I know you only listened in stereo, not 5.1, but did you think it was too bass heavy as some have said, because I didn't (although I haven't listened to this one loud yet)?

Burning Shed Posted!
Yahoo!
On it's way over the big pond! :smokin

Great!
I guess that means I should be getting an email soon about posting too, as I'm also in the US (and they always ship "rest of world" first...) :)
OMG, I'M SO EXCITED TO FINALLY HEAR THIS!!!

Could be a LOT of happy SW 5.1 fans around here over the next week or so, many SURPRISED SW 5.1 fans.......

Jon, much as we like to speculate...it sounds like you are not just referring to the CTTE disc, are you? Hmmmm?
Do I get a bit of a feeling that there is a bit of Drama here? Or are you just telling Tales?
Personally I'm Going for the One, and I wish you could be the Relayer of good news? 'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time and it's news is captured.... :banana:

Back