• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Coldplay - Everyday Life - Dolby Atmos

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

betoquiroga

Hi guys,

I just read that Coldplay is having a free listening event of their latest album "in full Dolby Atmos", in London today and tomorrow between 12:00 and 8:00PM.

Please see their Tweeter and Facebook pages for details.

Hopefully we will see a Blu-ray release :)

Beefalo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hi guys,

I just read that Coldplay is having a free listening event of their latest album "in full Dolby Atmos", in London today and tomorrow between 12:00 and 8:00PM.

Please see their Tweeter and Facebook pages for details.

Hopefully we will see a Blu-ray release :)
Anyone on that side of the pond catch the event?

dobyblue

500 Club - QQ All-Star
So it says you can listen with Amazon Music which I have on my Fire Stick, searched for Atmos and selected the “Best of Atmos” - no Coldplay but none of the 19 or so songs come in anything other than 2.0 and it’s not a set up issue as I can watch Jack Ryan on Prime Video also on the stick and it has Atmos no problem.

would be great if they’d tell us more about how the f’n f to listen to it!!!!

dabl

Since 2002/2003
Yeah following that link leads only to complete nonsense.

Currently the only way to play it is with an Amazon 'Echo' device which is some sort of dinky little enclosure with a number of small speakers that therefore can only fake Atmos playback.

It's really disappointing and a stupid move on Dolby's part who should be targeting the enthusiasts who actually care about this stuff rather than the average consumer who will only shrug their shoulders at this and declare it a gimmick. Which is exactly what this current marketing ploy is.

weekendtoy

400 Club - QQ All-Star
I'm guessing this will never be a physical release, but rather by Amazon streaming via the Echo. Of course, that's really not ATMOS and barely passes as any sort of proper listening experience.

I was watching a college football game over New Years. Dolby had an advertisement for ATMOS promoting a new album mixed in that format. Not that I cared for the artist (I didn't), but got excited they were promoting new music in surround. In the end, it was merely streaming by Amazon and the Echo. Oh, bummer...

Beefalo

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Yeah following that link leads only to complete nonsense.

Currently the only way to play it is with an Amazon 'Echo' device which is some sort of dinky little enclosure with a number of small speakers that therefore can only fake Atmos playback.

It's really disappointing and a stupid move on Dolby's part who should be targeting the enthusiasts who actually care about this stuff rather than the average consumer who will only shrug their shoulders at this and declare it a gimmick. Which is exactly what this current marketing ploy is.
It's sad that "the great unwashed" will accept this half measure as the real thing. Never finding the Valhalla of true Atmos !!!

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It's sad that "the great unwashed" will accept this half measure as the real thing. Never finding the Valhalla of true Atmos !!!
Or, even more probable, they will believe that it in fact represents what all surround formats have to offer, find it underwhelming, and disregard it.