Def Leppard 'Pyromania' - Atmos version (4CD/Blu-Ray set with Giles Martin Dolby Atmos mix coming in April!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still haven't pulled the trigger on this. Waiting for reviews and the price to drop once the hype settles. If it never drops then oh well, it's more than I'd spend now or later. But I suspect it will. They may also release a standalone surround disc if they think there's more market to be tapped. I'd think that would largely depend on how many unsold sets end up collecting dust in the warehouse. It's one of only a handful of 2024 surround releases I'm even vaguely interested.

incompetence.JPG

I got vinyl instead.:(

Listening now to the hard disc in the player, Dolby Atmos.
Well you cannot deny a GREAT album, every song a hit.
I'm halfway through the Atmos mix, there are definite moments of greatness.
Solid immersive rock feel.
Heights come and go and I think Giles went for the big impact, when needed a blast, the blast is there, when not needed the floor foundation takes care of all that is needed.
Glad I have it and look forward to listening to all the rest.

Can anybody confirm whether or not one of the tracks is an upmix?
I won’t give the track name, unless asked.
Listening to the streaming Atmos version, one of the tracks shies away from the mixing techniques of all the other songs.
Very front-centric. Gang vocals locked up front, instead of rearward and up in the heights. Not much else going on in the immersive sound field, either, to my ears.

Can anybody confirm whether or not one of the tracks is an upmix?
I won’t give the track name, unless asked.
Listening to the streaming Atmos version, one of the tracks shies away from the mixing techniques of all the other songs.
Very front-centric. Gang vocals locked up front, instead of rearward and up in the heights. Not much else going on in the immersive sound field, either, to my ears.
Looking at the decoded 7.1.4, in Audition, none of the tracks stand out. They all look very similar.
Def Lep - Pyro.jpg

Back