Def Leppard 'Pyromania' - Atmos version (4CD/Blu-Ray set with Giles Martin Dolby Atmos mix coming in April!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike, bought! Though its the second month of the year at :eek: over £400 on music! Maybe the spreadsheet wasn't such a good idea :oops:
I wonder if Amazon will have it for slightly cheaper, Duncan?
My daughter Michelle gets married in June, so I've pulled in the purse strings just a little bit, this year.
At least, that's what I've told myself to do...😉

I wonder if Amazon will have it for slightly cheaper, Duncan?
My daughter Michelle gets married in June, so I've pulled in the purse strings just a little bit, this year.
At least, that's what I've told myself to do...😉
Me and amazon don't get on for pre-orders, they want me to put in my full first name or they won't let me buy it! They deign to let me buy it after its released with no problem though, when I talked to them about it they couldn't explain why. So its a matter of principal, there are plenty other companies to spend my dosh with. Plus they have become pretty useless with music, they only want to sell mp3 downloads.

Yet another monster boxed-set at a crazy price!
All relative I guess but $115 shipped internationally at launch doesn't seem too bad. I'm not equating the music but Rush Signals is comparable and that was like $250 upon release. I bought Signals recently at $107 and I'll hopefully get Pyromania for $70 or so at some point. Oh, and I really hope High n' Dry gets similar treatment.

Me and amazon don't get on for pre-orders, they want me to put in my full first name or they won't let me buy it! They deign to let me buy it after its released with no problem though, when I talked to them about it they couldn't explain why. So its a matter of principal, there are plenty other companies to spend my dosh with. Plus they have become pretty useless with music, they only want to sell mp3 downloads.
Not sure what that's all about. I buy a ton of physical media music from Amazon. The only thing that is limited to mp3 is stuff that's OOP.
Likewise, why would anyone have a problem giving their first name? It's pretty standard for address and totally necessary if you are using a credit card. I guess it's just the principle.
Out of curiosity, where can you order something without a first name?

Not sure what that's all about. I buy a ton of physical media music from Amazon. The only thing that is limited to mp3 is stuff that's OOP.
Likewise, why would anyone have a problem giving their first name? It's pretty standard for address and totally necessary if you are using a credit card. I guess it's just the principle.
Out of curiosity, where can you order something without a first name?
Anywhere but amazon, they don't like initials it seems but only for pre-orders, its bizarre, especially as they can't tell me why - my cynical feeling is that its difficult to sell on advertising details if its just an initial.

Anywhere but amazon, they don't like initials it seems but only for pre-orders, its bizarre, especially as they can't tell me why - my cynical feeling is that its difficult to sell on advertising details if its just an initial.
You could probably use any first name you want. Just make one up and make it ridiculous.
So does the credit card you are using let you use initials?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smart ass (even though that is my nature), I'm just trying to figure out how you are managing to buy things without a first name. I also don't like giving any more information than possible and am paranoid enough about identity theft that I keep all my credit info locked at the three credit bureaus.

Someone already tried to hack my stuff at Amazon,PayPal, and Google in an elaborate scheme I could not figure out. A nearly $1000 bill hit the bank but fortunately I was able to head it off.
Add to that they signed me up for hundreds of web sites, mostly Russian or general locale. I had to change my email address as it became hopeless to keep up.
I mean, that's just f'in over the top!

If nothing else have two factor authentication on every thing you possible can.
That's when I found out there are at least 3 other people with my first and last name with Amazon accounts.

One CC company would not do two factor authentication. I complained loudly and often and quit using the card. Then they started offering two factor.
bassards.

Well for one thing music generally sounds immensely better on BD than streaming. I'm old but my hearing can still tell a difference.
Will the mix be different? Who knows. Either way it's one chance to get an Atmos version of the album in lossless. If it turns out to be a disappointment, well that's the game.
My few gripes with Atmos releases have not been so much about mixing, but content. I've taken a few chances and been disappointed.
I think the price is high, and I could do with out the CD's. But in for a penny, in for a pound for a seminal album in rock history.

Well for one thing music generally sounds immensely better on BD than streaming. I'm old but my hearing can still tell a difference.
Will the mix be different? Who knows. Either way it's one chance to get an Atmos version of the album in lossless. If it turns out to be a disappointment, well that's the game.
My few gripes with Atmos releases have not been so much about mixing, but content. I've taken a few chances and been disappointed.
I think the price is high, and I could do with out the CD's. But in for a penny, in for a pound for a seminal album in rock history.

You could probably use any first name you want. Just make one up and make it ridiculous.
So does the credit card you are using let you use initials?

Seriously, I'm not trying to be a smart ass (even though that is my nature), I'm just trying to figure out how you are managing to buy things without a first name. I also don't like giving any more information than possible and am paranoid enough about identity theft that I keep all my credit info locked at the three credit bureaus.
I suppose I could make one up, I've just used initials on my cards since I first got one :eek: 48 years ago. I've never been called by my first name just to add to the fun! One time the card company stuck my first name on and I found myself being accused of fraud by a shop worker as my signature didn't match the name, so I made sure it was just initials on any of them since then, never had a problem until amazon decided to be difficult.

Back