Def Leppard 'Pyromania' - Atmos version (4CD/Blu-Ray set with Giles Martin Dolby Atmos mix coming in April!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of those albums I wish they'd remix with the original drum sounds and not the supplemented electronic crap ones that ruined so many recordings in the 80s. Well, didn't ruin them, but made them outdated in pretty short order. This was before Rick lost his arm, so I gotta think the real drum sounds exist somewhere unless he played all the tracks on an electronic kit.

I have both the original press of High N Dry and the re-release after Pyro made it big and they wanted to release Me and My Wine. It's striking after listening to the masterpiece that is High N Dry when Me and My Wine comes on and has those awful electronic drums.

I'm not paying £70 for one album. It's a notch down from Pink Floyd pricing but it's still too much. Everything I want will fit on one blu ray, it doesn't need a boxset.

I agree but.....

1709229934916.png

Who knows? There may be a stand alone BR down the road, just like Pink Floyd.

This is one of those albums I wish they'd remix with the original drum sounds and not the supplemented electronic crap ones that ruined so many recordings in the 80s. Well, didn't ruin them, but made them outdated in pretty short order. This was before Rick lost his arm, so I gotta think the real drum sounds exist somewhere unless he played all the tracks on an electronic kit.

I have both the original press of High N Dry and the re-release after Pyro made it big and they wanted to release Me and My Wine. It's striking after listening to the masterpiece that is High N Dry when Me and My Wine comes on and has those awful electronic drums.
I believe, and I may be wrong, that it’s all programmed drum machine. Probably the LinnDrum?

This was my favorite album when I was fifteen… but Giles’ mixes tend to be hit or miss for me. I’m interested in the 5.1 mix. Has anyone heard the 5.1 mix yet?

The US subsidizes Def Leppard releases specifically. It's part of the tax code.
That was part of the 28th Amendment.... the right to own Def Leppard albums at an amount cheaper than in any other country. We had a choice between subsidized pharmaceuticals or subsidized Def Leppard albums.
Like that's a choice.

Edit: $73 = 67 Euros.

59 Euros at Amazon France so it isn't cheaper here.

Back