eBay "Shockers" discussion (formerly Shocker Log)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting to see a number of new entries this month. And a drop in price for the Scorpions SACD. I suspect that has something to do with the recent Blu-Ray release of that recording. ....

The Scorpions Blu-ray is the live concert right? So its not the same as the SACD???

Who the BLOODY HELL got the Scorpions for $96..?!? And when did it sell? I never even saw it come up and I've been checking almost daily for years!!!

I hope it was a QQ member who won it!?

here we are for GA-Lovebox:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Groove-Arma...181247714556?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item2a3334a4fc

today the german auction for the same sacd ends at 160 €...so the canadian guy is a gold digger

hmm.. it is crazy.. but do you think it's the "Canadian guy's" fault for seeking that money? nobody's holding a gun to anyone's heads to pay these prices.. its market forces, its not super rare (look how often it comes up on eBay) it's just super in-demand relative to the number of copies! :mad:@:

personally I've given up on getting Lovebox in an auction now but I haven't given up hope of finding one out in the wild, or maybe doing a trade or something one day. ah well, if its not meant to be, it's not meant to be! :p

If you look at the Sold Prices on eBay, the answer is clearly that people are paying some shocking prices for the out of print discs.

true! you pay's your money you take's your choice or whatever the expression is..! if people weren't paying up in the first place, nobody in their right mind would seek these sums in future auctions etc.! a precedent is set and now we're stuck with price tags in the $100's for Kraftwerk, Ship Ahoy, Isleys, Lovevox, Scorpions, Sarah Brightman.. etc.. it's such a shame but what can you do!?

true! you pay's your money you take's your choice or whatever the expression is..! if people weren't paying up in the first place, nobody in their right mind would seek these sums in future auctions etc.! a precedent is set and now we're stuck with price tags in the $100's for Kraftwerk, Ship Ahoy, Isleys, Lovevox, Scorpions, Sarah Brightman.. etc.. it's such a shame but what can you do!?

Interestingly only 1 of the 2 Sarah Brightman SACDs made the October Shocker list. Meaning that a) no seller had the other one or b) its price became reasonable.

The other key will be when the out of print SACDs reappear as DSD Downloads. That will also dampen the market for some of these crazy prices.

The Depeche Mode discs are from "Mute", not "Muse". Mute = "stumm" in the German language, that's why the ordering numbers, btw.

-Kristian

Here's the High Resolution Audio Shocker Log for October 2013. In this one, I've added prices from Amazon.Com as well as eBay.

Can one see what things have sold for on amazon.com? Or is this based on asking prices?

Oh, and I also thank you for doing this!

J. D.

Can one see what things have sold for on amazon.com? Or is this based on asking prices?

Oh, and I also thank you for doing this!

J. D.

Amazon.Com only has the asking prices. eBay has both - asking and selling prices. That was how the September list was compiled - both asking and selling prices from eBay only.

Try Amazon Japan market place where they have Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine's Greatest Hits 5.1 SACD listed at ¥226,506
so at about 100yen to the $ = $2,265
and an RCA Living Stereo Berlioz SACD listed at ¥1,387,524 ....

Try Amazon Japan market place where they have Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine's Greatest Hits 5.1 SACD listed at ¥226,506
so at about 100yen to the $ = $2,265
and an RCA Living Stereo Berlioz SACD listed at ¥1,387,524 ....

Wow! SACDs in Japan tend to cost more than in the U.S. - but that's just crazy.

I think most Living Stereo SACDs are still in print in Japan too. Don't know if that one is.

Here's the High Resolution Audio Shocker Log for November 2013. This month's edition lists discs sold on eBay vs. discs that are currently listed. The result is the price level is lower than last month. But still some pretty amazing prices.
The top 5 this month are:
  1. Solti, Weiner Philharmonic - Wagner: Ring - Stereo SACD - TEAC Esoteric - $1,950
  2. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Complete SACD Remastered Box Set - Stereo SACD - Analogue Productions - $500
  3. Rolling Stones - Complete SACD Remastered Box Set - Stereo SACD - ABKCO - $331
  4. Kraftwerk - Minimum/Maximum - 2 Disc Surround SACD Set - Capitol - $299
  5. Kleiber, Vienna Philharmonic - Brahms Symphony No. 4 - Stereo SACD - TEAC Esoteric - $279

View attachment eBay Shocker Log - Sold Discs - Nov 22 2013.pdf

I am looking at the list for the first time....wow!

Yes, some amazing prices people are paying for hard to get and out of print discs! A reminder that when you see a disc come out, buy it while it is still reasonably priced.... :)

Back